How to change textures models use?

Hi All,

I've downloaded several CMSF uniform mods and have noticed that some of the mods somehow manage to change the names of the textues that the mod models use, How is this done?

For example the following mod:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=863

uses the US Army model to represent marines with no goggles. The textures associated with these models have been edited somehow, so that they have different names. This means tha the army modes being used by marines do not clash or replace the US army models or their own textures for US army units.

My question is good sirs, how is this done or which software packages are used to edit the 3D models to change the textures they are associated with?

Hey, LongLeftFlank,

Haven't seen you around here in ages.

Hope all is well over at Matrix...I hear they are revamping the John Tillers Campaign Series and calling it something else (similar to CMx2 series but still at Platoon level). 

Joe

On 1/3/2017 at 10:58 PM, JoMc67 said:

Hey, LongLeftFlank,

Haven't seen you around here in ages.

Hope all is well over at Matrix...I hear they are revamping the John Tillers Campaign Series and calling it something else (similar to CMx2 series but still at Platoon level). 

Joe

I am happy and honoured to be remembered, but you have me crossed with someone else. I am not in the gaming industry; I'm in Power in SE Asia. I had to quit the CM timesink cold turkey to focus on work, but I drop by from time to time to see how CM is evolving. No flame like an old flame. Cheers.