Sign in to follow this  
slippy

installing mods?

Sorry if iam being a little slow. I have downloaded several mods, and created a z folder in my Battlefront/CombatMissionRedThunder/Data/ directory. I have noticed though that some mods have just a .bmp and no folder structure, whilst for others the .bmp may be contained in one or two folders.

Does the depth of the folder structure matter? Or does the game just search for a particular .bmp and not take into account folder depth?

Thanks for any help

slipper

Folder structure is just organization.  Just stick everything in the Z folder and you should be good to go.  You can create your own folder structure there as well if it helps you to track better what mods you are using.

Right.  I've created subfolders inside Z (actually inside "Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Red Thunder\User Data\Mods," which works the same as Z for all but CMBN) for Terrain, Vehicles, Uniforms, etc, but all the mods would work the same if they were dumped into one big folder.

However, unless I'm mistaken, mods (including folders containing mods) are all read in alphabetical order, so if you have a mod that you want to privilege over parts of another mod then you can put it in a folder called "ZZZ" (inside Z, obviously) and it will be read last.

Sign in to follow this