Ukraine's "Phantom" UGV

John Kettler

This video looks more like something for a US defense contractor war toy, but it's for the UA's new UGV, whose current status I know nothing regarding. Provided it gets produced and works in combat in useful numbers, including through heavy jamming, it would appear to be a real aid to the UA for all sorts of combat and related tasks in the extreme forward area, especially since it's got thermals! This strikes me as something that would be good for the US to fund (though we wouldn't pay for armament, because that's currently just not done).  Also, I see no reason it couldn't be fitted with one or more ATW, maybe even several types.

Regards,

John Kettler

This is just demonstrator. Even army will want to get it, will need year or more that it was adopted.

2Kinophile: you are overestimating Russian EW capabilities. Yes, it very effective, but our communications and EW manufacturers also weren't born yesterday. Ukrainian-produced or volunteer-upgraded UAVs are successfully doing their missions. And in other hand our EW teams also several times jammed and landed Russian-manufactured UAVs.  

8 hours ago, kinophile said:

Given Rus EW and battlefield hacking capabilites/intentions, the last thing i'd put near UKR troops would be a remotely controlled mobile weapons platform....

Could still be used good, but in event of a full Russian incursion most of those will be in bad shape. I doubt Russia has used it's full EW potential in Ukraine. 

3 hours ago, VladimirTarasov said:

Could still be used good, but in event of a full Russian incursion most of those will be in bad shape. I doubt Russia has used it's full EW potential in Ukraine. 

Hey, at least they can make an epic promo video. :D

@Haiduk

I don't no much about EW, but has Russia displayed all their EW capabilities in Ukraine?

4 hours ago, JUAN DEAG said:

Hey, at least they can make an epic promo video. :D

@Haiduk

I don't no much about EW, but has Russia displayed all their EW capabilities in Ukraine?

You can see Russian EW equipment and jamming systems, which were spotted during the war on our territory and will find almost all spectre of it.

Edited by Haiduk