4.0 turning off shaders?

I seem to recall that nearly every patch turns off shaders in-game by default, but if you go into a scenario and turn them on with Alt-R then they will stay on in the future.

(I'm not sure what the shaders setting in the opening-screen Options\Advanced menu actually does.  Maybe Alt-R won't work at all if the menu has shaders set to off?)

• 4 weeks later...

This happens is a lot of games. The reason you game is not saving what you ticked is read/write permission problem. When you save an option you are writing to a program that doesn't allow anyone or anything but admin to write to it. (Windows UAC/DEP) If you right click on the exe try to run as admin should solve it. UAC was first introduced in windows vista.

3 hours ago, user1000 said:

This happens is a lot of games. The reason you game is not saving what you ticked is read/write permission problem. When you save an option you are writing to a program that doesn't allow anyone or anything but admin to write to it. (Windows UAC/DEP) If you right click on the exe try to run as admin should solve it. UAC was first introduced in windows vista.

I tried that and it didnt make any diffrence. Also I found this in other campaign as well, not just Scottish corridor. In Courage and fortitude the first mission is fine with shaders on, but of in the next its off