Any CMBS specific bugs or behavior changes on the 4.0 upgrade ?

antaress73

Hull down is now a move command, and you can combine shot-up squads. Haven't tried combining casualty-reduced squads from different units though. Biggest bug is there are no Marine Amphibious forces yet?

Edited by Vet 0369
To limo

14 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

Hull down is now a move command, and you can combine shot-up squads. Haven't tried combining casualty-reduced squads from different units though. Biggest bug is there are no Marine Amphibious forces yet?

You can't combine separate squads. What it is for is to combine a squad that has reduced teams. So for example you have a 3 team squad with only 1 guy left in each team. In 3.0 you'd be stuck with those 3 guys always deploying across 3 AS. Now they can combine to a single 3 man team. 

1 hour ago, Chudacabra said:

PBEM game smoke turned into explosions-like clouds after upgrading. 

Any word on whether Ukrainian tank commander bug has been fixed?

That is known, it may go away in next turn, but initially any smoke in a save from a previous version will be wonky. 

Not sure about the UKR to commander issue. 

7 minutes ago, sburke said:

You can't combine separate squads. What it is for is to combine a squad that has reduced teams. So for example you have a 3 team squad with only 1 guy left in each team. In 3.0 you'd be stuck with those 3 guys always deploying across 3 AS. Now they can combine to a single 3 man team. 

This confuses me. If you split a squad into three teams, and each team is reduced to one man, you've always been able to recombine those three one-man teams back into the squad. I haven't had the opportunity to try recombining them into another reduced squad or into another reduced platoon. That's what I assumed the combining reduced squads or teams what was all about. Of course, we all know what "assume" does?

Just now, Vet 0369 said:

This confuses me. If you split a squad into three teams, and each team is reduced to one man, you've always been able to recombine those three one-man teams back into the squad. I haven't had the opportunity to try recombining them into another reduced squad or into another reduced platoon. That's what I assumed the combining reduced squads or teams what was all about. Of course, we all know what "assume" does?

You could but they would stay in the separate teams meaning they still occupied 3 AS. Now they can combine to a single team within the squad in a single AS. The command is not combine squads. It is combine squad ;) maybe it could have been more clearly called reorganize squad. The idea is to combine the teams to have a more functional unit.  

Ok, I stand corrected. I re-read the write-up and it did say to combine a into larger team. "Assume" has proven true again! 

Even cooler is the ability of a team behind a building to have men "peeking" around the corners, and the squad spacing. As we used to yell "Spread out! One grenade will get you all."

2 hours ago, Chudacabra said:

PBEM game smoke turned into explosions-like clouds after upgrading. 

During testing that issue only popped up twice in two different titles, both times in old savegames and both times the issue went away and never came back. Considering 'dust' hadn't been touched its a mystery why that would happen.

Oh, I thought of one bug fix. V1.04 came with a remapped RPG-7 night sight that still had its wireframe art. The upgrade includes proper finished texture for the night sight.

I can't recall if it got pointed out for V1.04 (it probably did), the updated art on the US M110 marksman rifles. The old art was originaly based on M16, which just wasn't right. (And yeh, I have anti-alias turned off on my machine and the screenshot looks it ;) )

M110s.jpg

Edited by MikeyD

I was waiting for an opportunity to fire randomly at the front. Tank riders as in CMRT and CMFB. Editing maps fully 3D editor. Editor TOE 

.Я ждал возможность вести стрельбу по фронту рандомно . Танковый десант как в СMRT и СМFB . Редактирование карты полностью в 3Д редакторе . Редактор ОШС .

Depending on which tanks you're talking about there's literally no place for tank riders to sit. Abrams engine deck is as hot as a frying pan. All the other's are festooned with explosive-reactive armor. Not to mention the missile defense systems which are likely to cut in half anyone sitting between the tank and the missile. If you're anywhere near shooting distance on the front any sane infantryman would be a considerable distance away from any accompanying armored vehicle, not perched on top. The blast of the tank gun would be enough to mess you up permanently.