4.0 Infantry AI

13 hours ago, Ch53dVet said:

Again, No. I choose not to because as the 4.0 game engine states:If the (optional) designated target was an Area Target, the vehicle will cancel the Target command upon reaching hull down. If the target is an enemy unit, the vehicle will begin attacking the target once it reaches hull down.

The key point I've been trying to make here is that just because you can draw a HD command line, it doesn't guarantee you that a HD location exists between you and the endpoint, from what I've seen so far is that after placing a HD command marker between you and the enemy your tank commander will disregard partial HD locations in hopes of finding a full HD location and if a full HD location doesn't exist your area target command won't cancel out and you'll be hopeless and dead as your tank commander drives you to the enemy.

Appreciate your point re the possibility that there is no HD location.  However, I don't believe your point about Area Fire is correct, no Area Fire will take place even if a HD location has not been found.  I will happily stand corrected on that though, I will experiment tonight.

Edited by Jock Tamson

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:

Appreciate your point re the possibility that there is no HD location.  However, I don't believe your point about Area Fire is correct, no Area Fire will take place even if a HD location has not been found.  I will happily stand corrected on that though, I will experiment tonight.

Correct. No area fire happens if a hull down position is found or not.

I would recommend only using the hull down command with an area target on its end point. That is the only way you can control how far the vehicle will move. The last thing you want is for your tank to drive across the open space right up to the location you think the enemy is or will likely be.