License key for 4.0 Upgrade

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still downloading.  I purchased the mega-bundle, and am up-to-to date on all upgrades and patches for all WWII titles, and I have a PC, so I am downloading al the Windows options. But what's the difference between, say, "CM Normandy 4.0 Full Windows" and "CM Normandy Upgrade 4 Windows" choices (size difference is huge, 4 GB and 63 MB, respectively)?  Is the smaller download just the installer, versus the actual upgrade?

3 hours ago, Pekische said:

Try to find exe file "Activate New Products" in you game directory. Run it and insert your license code. This way was successful in my case CM:BN....

As I wrote above I did this for all 4 CM titles. All the same. Invalid key.

15 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Still downloading.  I purchased the mega-bundle, and am up-to-to date on all upgrades and patches for all WWII titles, and I have a PC, so I am downloading al the Windows options. But what's the difference between, say, "CM Normandy 4.0 Full Windows" and "CM Normandy Upgrade 4 Windows" choices (size difference is huge, 4 GB and 63 MB, respectively)?  Is the smaller download just the installer, versus the actual upgrade?

+1 to that. Also, once downloaded, where do you extract it to? I,ve tried various locations, but with no success.

6 minutes ago, Ithikial_AU said:

And another for a Windows bundle download. Getting invalid key whenever I try to activate. :(

The same, as properly activated ?

Тоже самое как правильно активировать ?

UPD.

It is necessary to write in support? Or developers alone will solve the problem.

Нужно писать в службу поддержки ? Или разработчики самостоятельно решат проблему .

Edited by HUSKER2142

1 hour ago, DougPhresh said:

P.S No Christmas Bone this year?

I think the engine upgrade is the Christmas Bone haha

56 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

But what's the difference between, say, "CM Normandy 4.0 Full Windows" and "CM Normandy Upgrade 4 Windows" choices (size difference is huge, 4 GB and 63 MB, respectively)?  Is the smaller download just the installer, versus the actual upgrade?

It looks like you can either install the patch to an existing install or you can install the game completely fresh with all the new updates applied for you. However either way you go you will likely run into the activation issue. As I said earlier I'm hoping that its just a registry bug or something like that that can be quickly fixed. Here's hoping!

In the meantime I would recommend not upgrading as you will not be able to play the CM game you attempt to upgrade.

4 minutes ago, Battlefront said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  We are investigating now and will get this fixed as soon as we can.  Thanks for your patience!

Hello, Charles, it's nice to see you again (waves). Hope you have a merry Christmas in spite of this new work cropping up. A programmer's work is never done, eh?

:)

Michael

Hi all,

OK, several different things.  The easiest one to fix is CMRT....

The move to the new unified system started a while ago.  CMBN was moved over, CMBS and CMFB started their lives with it and know nothing else.  CMRT was migrated last night. 

Enter in your original CMRT license key.  That should do the trick.

Steve

7 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Hi all,

The move to the new unified system started a while ago.  CMBN was moved over, CMBS and CMFB started their lives with it and know nothing else.  CMRT was migrated last night. 

Steve

I did it with CMRT. Original key accepted but on the Main Menu I get a Red Box with Base game 4.0 written in it and then CM terminates.

4.0 Key still not accepted.

Edited by Crinius

9 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Hi all,

Steve

Just tried this and no luck - say success but when I start the game, I get the red box - "need to license v4"

S

12 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Hi all,

Steve

Does not work for me either. I put in the key from the bundle upgrade and get told invalid key, put in the key from the original purchase, says success!! but when I try to run the game I get the big red box of unhappiness.

1 hour ago, Lt.Chris said:

Im just confused if anything, brought the bundle and there's "full" and the upgrade to 4, was the bundle including the full games as well as the upgrades? 

The full will allow you to install the whole thing from scratch on a clean machine or in a clean directory.

The smaller one is for installing over top of an existing fully patched game.

PS while the licensing issues are addressed you can install your older game to a separate directory and keep playing.

PPS oops sorry you guys are finding licensing problems. For whatever reason during testing these issues didn't come up. Bummer wish we would have hit them ourselves before you saw them.