License key for 4.0 Upgrade

Have you tried to activate the Upgrade 4 license with CMBN since I fixed your license key?  Because it should work now.  The behavior you got last night makes total sense given that your Upgrade 4 key was hooked up to Dark Matter only :)

I'm sorry for the headaches too!  I can accept the headaches on my side of things because I was the one operating under pressure with little sleep, so my fault there.  I'm just sorry that a bunch of our most eager customers have to go through some degree of hassle to get things running.

Fortunately the number of problems relative to the number of sales would be well within acceptable parameters aside from my failings with cut/paste in the wee hours of the night :D

Steve

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. I did it today 12/26.

I uploaded 4.0 because I am playing a game with someone and they told me they were going to do the upgrade. I am pretty sure he is having the same problem as I see his name here.

I am still being told that the license key is invalid although 4.0 is installed and it tells me to activate the licensing key.

1 hour ago, wlmiv said:

Sorry. I did it today 12/26.

I uploaded 4.0 because I am playing a game with someone and they told me they were going to do the upgrade. I am pretty sure he is having the same problem as I see his name here.

I am still being told that the license key is invalid although 4.0 is installed and it tells me to activate the licensing key.

You should be all set now!  You were another one of the "lost boys" :)

40 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Steve, looks like we crossposted, but yes, about two minutes before I posted that last post I tried the 4.0 key.  No joy.  Let me try it all again.....I'll let you know how it turns out.

OK, because for sure you couldn't register before I fixed your license key.  You should be good to go now.  Maybe try upgrading something else if you haven't yet tried?

Steve

Steve, total success!  Today, in desperation, I changed install procedures (I know, never a good idea to get creative with a game install, lol) by putting the exe, bin and brz files in the root directories of the three games  instead of leaving them on the desktop.  So I took them out of the roots and installed from the desktop, and all 3 installed just dandy.  Thanks a million!

Edited by mjkerner

Considering it was an upgrade for all major CM titles... it's a big bone. Thanks for that :)

can u please keep the modern era kicking too? CMBS is competing with four others that are WWII 

GOODNIGHT ! It's past midnight here & im sleeping after participating in operation Neptune spear (hint hint)

17 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Expect something in time for 2017, but the bone for Christmas was Upgrade 4 :D

Steve

Not only a Bone, but a "Bag of Bones" (Santa's X Mas Bag)...Thanks again Steve (Santa), and his Elves (rest of BF Crew)...Oh Yeah, Go Skins :-)

Thou, I'm still going to wait till end of Jan 17' to finally get CMFB along with 4.0 Upgrade for all WWII titles. 

Edited by JoMc67

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys and belated Happy New Year!

Well, I have been trying to get back my CMFB since upgrading to GE4. It has not been the usual, clean and fast Battlefront experience. Still, I am a big fan and I got through all the hurdles reading the excellent advice on this thread to find the magical Activate New Products utility in the CMFB install directory, create the shortcut, put it in the same place as the shortcut that starts the game (the CMFB subfolder of the Battlefront folder on my desktop from where I start all my CM games), double clicked on it full of expectation and...

NOTHING!

A phantom window fleets on my screen for a fraction of a second and then nothing, not even a raspberry or a "take that, sucker, you thought you were home and dry, did you?"

This has been a very frustrating upgrade, and not the standard I have got used to after probably over 20 years with Battlefront as a great admirer and enthusiastic user. When I think this could happen with all the other 3 games I own... :-(

Seriously, guys, why on earth should my Activate New Products utility which I can't ever remember having to use before and which seems to all of a sudden have become critical to me being able to continue to enjoy the upgraded game not work as it should?

More importantly, how can I get it to work?

Thank God I started this with CMFB, where at the moment I am not working on any project (I have been concentrating on CMFI for the last month or so) as a trial, at least I can carry on with the other games until I am given a proper and serviceable route to upgrade all my other games and recover my CMFB.

Please help, guys!

By the way, I have just looked in the install directory for CMFI to prepare the shortcut to the ANP utility for CMFI for use when CMFI's upgrade 4 comes out but there is no such utility in that directory. This was a new install done not more than 6 moths ago from the CMFI bundle. This should save CMFI users grief when they upgrade as I hope it will be taken  into account and resolved before the upgrade ships out.

On 24/12/2016 at 11:19 AM, Lt.Chris said:

Sorry about the empty quote above, can't delete it in my phone.

Check out the tips here. I think one will apply.

http://community.battlefront.com/announcement/27-special-upgrade-4-tech-tips/

If that does not help: Don't suffer alone! Contact support and open a ticket. License issues needs professional help.

• 7 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 7:29 PM, Battlefront.com said:

What is your order number?  I can check into the specifics and see what's up.

Steve

Hi,

I purchased the upgrade 4 for CMFB yesterday and I am having issues with activating the game once it is installed. I'm unable to even find where I have to enter the product key and I've looked where other people have said to others on this thread. It says to Activate New Products utility, but I've found no such thing. Please can you help? My order number for CMFB is

Many thanks

Stew

For the game itself it should appear when you start it. However if you want to launch the activation app there should be a short cut located where the game is installed named 'Activate New Products - CMBS'. If it is not there or you are on a Mac then you will need to open a support ticket by going here and clicking on the blue new button:

Battlefront Help desk

• 2 months later...