License key for 4.0 Upgrade

38 minutes ago, Crinius said:

Thx Steve got it working now. First I reinstalled 2.12 then 3.12 and finally 4.0. One last question: In BN I dont see the Hull down command. In every other title I see it when I choose an armored vehicle but not so in BN.

38 minutes ago, Pericles said:

You're right, I'm a bit hungover and surrounded by family, so perhaps I'm prone to overreacting to benign exclamations. 

Well, if that doesn't explain everything then I don't know what else could :)

37 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I've tried CMRT. Still ain't working. Neither is CMFB. Red box: license failure. Activating with 'Activate New Products': Invalid serial Number.

Even after entering your original CMRT and CMFB license keys?  If not, what is your order number?  I can double check that your code was correctly entered.

5 minutes ago, Hilts said:

Anyone know how to activate the new upgrades if you're not given an "Activate new modules" app? I can't find it anywhere.

Each game has it's own "Activate New Products" link.  It should be inside your installation directory and possibly also on your desktop.

Steve

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, OBJ said:

Nope, bought the bundle, only tried CMBN, so far, was already patched to 3.12.

I open CMBN, I can see lower right corner, says 
'v4.00
Game Engine 4'

Get the error messaage 'License Failure: Base game 4.0 is required. Please run the Activate New Products utility and enter the license key. Visit...'

In the CMBN directory, I hit the 'Activate New products' short cut, opens the 'Activate New Products - CMBN' screen, I enter manually, I paste, my bundle upgrade license key, and get 'Invalid Serial Number.'

??

Needless to say this is very embarrassing given after Steve's fix everyone else's seems to work.

What is your order number?  I can check into the specifics and see what's up.

Steve

24 minutes ago, OBJ said:

Nope, bought the bundle, only tried CMBN, so far, was already patched to 3.12.

I open CMBN, I can see lower right corner, says 
'v4.00
Game Engine 4'

Get the error messaage 'License Failure: Base game 4.0 is required. Please run the Activate New Products utility and enter the license key. Visit...'

In the CMBN directory, I hit the 'Activate New products' short cut, opens the 'Activate New Products - CMBN' screen, I enter manually, I paste, my bundle upgrade license key, and get 'Invalid Serial Number.'

??

Needless to say this is very embarrassing given after Steve's fix everyone else's seems to work.

Not for me. By using the main game serial number I just activate the main game (again). After that it still asks for the license number for the 4.0 upgrade and that is invalid.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Thanks Steve

Battlefront.com, Inc. Purchase Order - 310222 

I also tried activating after turning my protection off, still no go.

I'm sure i'm going to be very embarrassed when I find out what i'm doing wrong.

Edited by OBJ
added info

1 hour ago, Crinius said:

Thx Steve got it working now. First I reinstalled 2.12 then 3.12 and finally 4.0. One last question: In BN I dont see the Hull down command. In every other title I see it when I choose an armored vehicle but not so in BN.

Your main menu shows Game Engine 4 in lower right? Is it possible you have a UI mod active that is interfering?  

42 minutes ago, OBJ said:

Hi Hilts,

Try searching on 'activate' in C:\Users\<Computer name>\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission.

You should get a short cut to 'Activate Modules'.

See if that works, although you are taking advise from a guy that can't get the CMBN v4 upgrade to work yet.

Also look in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Battlefront\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy, should be there too.

Found it! Thanks mate and Steve too. Merry Christmas!

1 hour ago, BletchleyGeek said:

I've got lower order numbers than Aragorn, and the license isn't working for me, mate. Order number 310082 and (possibly) 310088.

Merry christmas!

Your CMRT stand alone upgrade is in the system but hasn't been activated (nor signs of attempts, either).  Your Upgrade 4 Big Bundle CMRT license was activated, so I'm guessing you need to put in your original CMRT license to complete things.

Steve

For CMRT you must reenter your base game code.  It's a quirk specific to CMRT.  I'll see what I can do about flagging this information for easier viewing.

Steve

The above worked for me. I've got CMBS and CMRT working now. CMBN continues to a be a problem. Activates okay but immediately get an APPCRASH error and the game crashes to desktop without progressing further.