License key for 4.0 Upgrade

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have all heard about Christmas Miracles?  Well, this wasn't one of them :D  Let's call it a "Christmas Bleary Eyed Fatfinger Screwup".  Somewhere in the middle of the night while fixing a problem I neglected to copy over scripting code critical to making the Upgrade 4 Big Bundle register it's licenses.  Kinda important, right?  Especially because it was the single biggest seller since going live last night!  So far the other combos of things seem to be OK, but I'm digging into it further to double check.

Anyway... new customers shouldn't experience a problem.  For the legions who have experienced a problem, you should be good to go now because I batch entered all existing license keys into the various places they need to be entered.

Give 'em a shot and see how it goes.  Hopefully better than the last time ;)

Steve

1 minute ago, Crinius said:

Works now here also. Only problem Iam having with CMBN. In the main menu  I get a message saying that normandy 2,01brz and 2,10 brz are mising. Never had this before.

That's an odd one.  Those files are very important, so I don't know how they could be missing and the game still working for you before now.  The files should be named "normandy v201.brz" and "normandy v210.brz".  Make sure that they are in your Data Folder with the names exactly like it.  If they are there and named correctly, try running with your anti-virus software disabled.

If they are missing (which would be odd!), the best thing to do is reinstall v3.11, v3.12, or the new v4.00 installer.  That will put them back in.

Steve

41 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

You guys have all heard about Christmas Miracles?  Well, this wasn't one of them :D  Let's call it a "Christmas Bleary Eyed Fatfinger Screwup".  Somewhere in the middle of the night while fixing a problem I neglected to copy over scripting code critical to making the Upgrade 4 Big Bundle register it's licenses.  Kinda important, right?  Especially because it was the single biggest seller since going live last night!  So far the other combos of things seem to be OK, but I'm digging into it further to double check.

Anyway... new customers shouldn't experience a problem.  For the legions who have experienced a problem, you should be good to go now because I batch entered all existing license keys into the various places they need to be entered.

Steve

KHAAAaaannn !...You and your Team are Good...Real Good :-)

Hmmm, I Might have to purchase the 4.0 Upgrade Bundle sooner then expected, or still wait till CMFI 4.0 gets incorporated.

Merry Christmas to all :-)

Edited by JoMc67

29 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

Everything is working for me! Just wanted to say a big thank you to the BFC team for your dedication to helping the community and fixing this bug, especially considering its Christmas Eve! The new features are fantastic and I can't wait to experience them for years to come! Thanks again!

58 minutes ago, IanL said:

The full will allow you to install the whole thing from scratch on a clean machine or in a clean directory.

The smaller one is for installing over top of an existing fully patched game.

PS while the licensing issues are addressed you can install your older game to a separate directory and keep playing.

PPS oops sorry you guys are finding licensing problems. For whatever reason during testing these issues didn't come up. Bummer wish we would have hit them ourselves before you saw them.

"Bummer"? Doesn't seem like a genuine apology or sympathy from a tester. 

To recap, no one who purchased the engine 4.0 upgrade was capable of licensing and playing it. This has since been remedied for bundle engine 4.0 upgrade. Problems remain for the single CMBS version 4.0 upgrade but will of course be fixed, probably within the next 24 hours. In the end, these are minor nuisances for a superior strategy game and a significant update to gameplay features. 

9 minutes ago, Pericles said:

"Bummer"? Doesn't seem like a genuine apology or sympathy from a tester. 

To recap, no one who purchased the engine 4.0 upgrade was capable of licensing and playing it. This has since been remedied for bundle engine 4.0 upgrade. Problems remain for the single CMBS version 4.0 upgrade but will of course be fixed, probably within the next 24 hours. In the end, these are minor nuisances for a superior strategy game and a significant update to gameplay features. 

'Mr. Scrooge'...

Edited by JoMc67

34 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

That's an odd one.  Those files are very important, so I don't know how they could be missing and the game still working for you before now.  The files should be named "normandy v201.brz" and "normandy v210.brz".  Make sure that they are in your Data Folder with the names exactly like it.  If they are there and named correctly, try running with your anti-virus software disabled.

If they are missing (which would be odd!), the best thing to do is reinstall v3.11, v3.12, or the new v4.00 installer.  That will put them back in.

Steve

Thx Steve got it working now. First I reinstalled 2.12 then 3.12 and finally 4.0. One last question: In BN I dont see the Hull down command. In every other title I see it when I choose an armored vehicle but not so in BN.

14 minutes ago, Pericles said:
4 minutes ago, Pericles said:

You're right, I'm a bit hungover and surrounded by family, so perhaps I'm prone to overreacting to benign exclamations. 

It's all Good...And, a Merry X Mas to you too :-)

Edited by JoMc67

Nope, bought the bundle, only tried CMBN, so far, was already patched to 3.12.

I open CMBN, I can see lower right corner, says 
'v4.00
Game Engine 4'

Get the error messaage 'License Failure: Base game 4.0 is required. Please run the Activate New Products utility and enter the license key. Visit...'

In the CMBN directory, I hit the 'Activate New products' short cut, opens the 'Activate New Products - CMBN' screen, I enter manually, I paste, my bundle upgrade license key, and get 'Invalid Serial Number.'

??

Needless to say this is very embarrassing given after Steve's fix everyone else's seems to work.

Hi Hilts,

Try searching on 'activate' in C:\Users\<Computer name>\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission.

You should get a short cut to 'Activate Modules'.

See if that works, although you are taking advise from a guy that can't get the CMBN v4 upgrade to work yet.

Also look in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Battlefront\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy, should be there too.