• Announcements

• Battlefront.com

Final Blitzkrieg v1.01 released!   05/21/2016

Once again proving that we don't sleep much, we have just released v1.01 for CM: Final Blitzkrieg.  There's lots of great improvements and fixes now just one download away.  Click HERE to see the release notes and download links.  Thanks to everybody for reporting issues and special thanks to the testers who make sure we don't overlook them.
    • Battlefront.com

Special Upgrade 4 Tech Tips   12/27/2016

Hi all! Now that Upgrade 4 is out and about in large quantities we have now discovered a few SNAFUs that happen out in the scary, real world that is home computing.  Fortunately the rate of problems is extremely small and so far most are easily worked around.  We've identified a few issues that have similar causes which we have clear instructions for work arounds here they are: 1.  CMRT Windows customers need to re-license their original key.  This is a result of improvements to the licensing system which CMBN, CMBS, and CMFB are already using.  To do this launch CMRT with the Upgrade and the first time enter your Engine 4 key.  Exit and then use the "Activate New Products" shortcut in your CMRT folder, then enter your Engine 3 license key.  That should do the trick. 2.  CMRT and CMBN MacOS customers have a similar situation as #2, however the "Activate New Products" is inside the Documents folder in their respective CM folders.  For CMBN you have to go through the process described above for each of your license keys.  There is no special order to follow. 3.  For CMBS and CMFB customers, you need to use the Activate New Products shortcut and enter your Upgrade 4 key.  If you launch the game and see a screen that says "LICENSE FAILURE: Base Game 4.0 is required." that is an indication you haven't yet gone through that procedure.  Provided you had a properly functioning copy before installing the Upgrade, that should be all you need to do.  If in the future you have to install from scratch on a new system you'll need to do the same procedure for both your original license key and your Upgrade 4.0 key. 4.  There's always a weird one and here it is.  A few Windows users are not getting "Activate New Products" shortcuts created during installation.  Apparently anti-virus software is preventing the installer from doing its job.  This might not be a problem right now, but it will prove to be an issue at some point in the future.  The solution is to create your own shortcut using the following steps: Disable your anti-virus software before you do anything. Go to your Desktop, right click on the Desktop itself, select NEW->SHORTCUT, use BROWSE to locate the CM EXE that you are trying to fix. The location is then written out. After it type in a single space and then paste this:

-showui

Click NEXT and give your new Shortcut a name (doesn't matter what). Confirm that and you're done. Double click on the new Shortcut and you should be prompted to license whatever it is you need to license. At this time we have not identified any issues that have not been worked around.  Let's hope it stays that way Steve
    • Battlefront.com

Forum Reorganization   10/12/2017

We've reorganized our Combat Mission Forums to reflect the fact that most of you are now running Engine 4 and that means you're all using the same basic code.  Because of that, there's no good reason to have the discussion about Combat Mission spread out over 5 separate sets of Forums.  There is now one General Discussion area with Tech Support and Scenario/Mod Tips sub forums.  The Family specific Tech Support Forums have been moved to a new CM2 Archives area and frozen in place. You might also notice we dropped the "x" from distinguishing between the first generation of CM games and the second.  The "x" was reluctantly adopted back in 2005 or so because at the time we had the original three CM games on European store shelves entitled CM1, CM2, and CM3 (CMBO, CMBB, and CMAK).  We didn't want to cause confusion so we added the "x".  Time has moved on and we have to, so the "x" is now gone from our public vocabulary as it has been from our private vocabulary for quite a while already.  Side note, Charles *NEVER* used the "x" so now we're all speaking the same language as him.  Which is important since he is the one programming them
Crinius

License key for 4.0 Upgrade

34 minutes ago, Crinius said:

I did it with CMRT. Original key accepted but on the Main Menu I get a Red Box with Base game 4.0 written in it and then CM terminates.

4.0 Key still not accepted.

Same for me

Think I will just wait till end of Jan 17' before purchasing the 4.0 Upgrade bundle for all CMx2 WWII titles...I hope by then the current issues will get straightened out along with the addition of CMFI 4.0

Joe

You guys have all heard about Christmas Miracles?  Well, this wasn't one of them :D  Let's call it a "Christmas Bleary Eyed Fatfinger Screwup".  Somewhere in the middle of the night while fixing a problem I neglected to copy over scripting code critical to making the Upgrade 4 Big Bundle register it's licenses.  Kinda important, right?  Especially because it was the single biggest seller since going live last night!  So far the other combos of things seem to be OK, but I'm digging into it further to double check.

Anyway... new customers shouldn't experience a problem.  For the legions who have experienced a problem, you should be good to go now because I batch entered all existing license keys into the various places they need to be entered.

Give 'em a shot and see how it goes.  Hopefully better than the last time ;)

Steve

Works now here also. Only problem Iam having with CMBN. In the main menu  I get a message saying that normandy 2,01brz and 2,10 brz are mising. Never had this before.

1 minute ago, Crinius said:

Works now here also. Only problem Iam having with CMBN. In the main menu  I get a message saying that normandy 2,01brz and 2,10 brz are mising. Never had this before.

That's an odd one.  Those files are very important, so I don't know how they could be missing and the game still working for you before now.  The files should be named "normandy v201.brz" and "normandy v210.brz".  Make sure that they are in your Data Folder with the names exactly like it.  If they are there and named correctly, try running with your anti-virus software disabled.

If they are missing (which would be odd!), the best thing to do is reinstall v3.11, v3.12, or the new v4.00 installer.  That will put them back in.

Steve

41 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

You guys have all heard about Christmas Miracles?  Well, this wasn't one of them :D  Let's call it a "Christmas Bleary Eyed Fatfinger Screwup".  Somewhere in the middle of the night while fixing a problem I neglected to copy over scripting code critical to making the Upgrade 4 Big Bundle register it's licenses.  Kinda important, right?  Especially because it was the single biggest seller since going live last night!  So far the other combos of things seem to be OK, but I'm digging into it further to double check.

Anyway... new customers shouldn't experience a problem.  For the legions who have experienced a problem, you should be good to go now because I batch entered all existing license keys into the various places they need to be entered.

Steve

KHAAAaaannn !...You and your Team are Good...Real Good :-)

Hmmm, I Might have to purchase the 4.0 Upgrade Bundle sooner then expected, or still wait till CMFI 4.0 gets incorporated.

Merry Christmas to all :-)

Edited by JoMc67

29 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

Everything is working for me! Just wanted to say a big thank you to the BFC team for your dedication to helping the community and fixing this bug, especially considering its Christmas Eve! The new features are fantastic and I can't wait to experience them for years to come! Thanks again!

58 minutes ago, IanL said:

The full will allow you to install the whole thing from scratch on a clean machine or in a clean directory.

The smaller one is for installing over top of an existing fully patched game.

PS while the licensing issues are addressed you can install your older game to a separate directory and keep playing.

PPS oops sorry you guys are finding licensing problems. For whatever reason during testing these issues didn't come up. Bummer wish we would have hit them ourselves before you saw them.

"Bummer"? Doesn't seem like a genuine apology or sympathy from a tester. 

To recap, no one who purchased the engine 4.0 upgrade was capable of licensing and playing it. This has since been remedied for bundle engine 4.0 upgrade. Problems remain for the single CMBS version 4.0 upgrade but will of course be fixed, probably within the next 24 hours. In the end, these are minor nuisances for a superior strategy game and a significant update to gameplay features. 

9 minutes ago, Pericles said:

"Bummer"? Doesn't seem like a genuine apology or sympathy from a tester. 

To recap, no one who purchased the engine 4.0 upgrade was capable of licensing and playing it. This has since been remedied for bundle engine 4.0 upgrade. Problems remain for the single CMBS version 4.0 upgrade but will of course be fixed, probably within the next 24 hours. In the end, these are minor nuisances for a superior strategy game and a significant update to gameplay features. 

'Mr. Scrooge'...

Edited by JoMc67

34 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

That's an odd one.  Those files are very important, so I don't know how they could be missing and the game still working for you before now.  The files should be named "normandy v201.brz" and "normandy v210.brz".  Make sure that they are in your Data Folder with the names exactly like it.  If they are there and named correctly, try running with your anti-virus software disabled.

If they are missing (which would be odd!), the best thing to do is reinstall v3.11, v3.12, or the new v4.00 installer.  That will put them back in.

Steve

Thx Steve got it working now. First I reinstalled 2.12 then 3.12 and finally 4.0. One last question: In BN I dont see the Hull down command. In every other title I see it when I choose an armored vehicle but not so in BN.

14 minutes ago, Pericles said:
4 minutes ago, Pericles said:

You're right, I'm a bit hungover and surrounded by family, so perhaps I'm prone to overreacting to benign exclamations. 

It's all Good...And, a Merry X Mas to you too :-)

Edited by JoMc67

Nope, bought the bundle, only tried CMBN, so far, was already patched to 3.12.

I open CMBN, I can see lower right corner, says 
'v4.00
Game Engine 4'

Get the error messaage 'License Failure: Base game 4.0 is required. Please run the Activate New Products utility and enter the license key. Visit...'

In the CMBN directory, I hit the 'Activate New products' short cut, opens the 'Activate New Products - CMBN' screen, I enter manually, I paste, my bundle upgrade license key, and get 'Invalid Serial Number.'

??

Needless to say this is very embarrassing given after Steve's fix everyone else's seems to work.

Hi Hilts,

Try searching on 'activate' in C:\Users\<Computer name>\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission.

You should get a short cut to 'Activate Modules'.

See if that works, although you are taking advise from a guy that can't get the CMBN v4 upgrade to work yet.

Also look in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Battlefront\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy, should be there too.