License key for 4.0 Upgrade

Hi,,

I just bought the Bundle for all CM games to upgrade to 4.0. I downloaded it, installed it, run the exe and then Iam getting a message that says License error, Basegame 4.0 is required.

Where do i enter the license key that I got for 4.0? Am I missing something?

I just tried it with all CM games and always the same. I just saw that in each games directoryx thers a exe calleds "Activate New Products" but when I run this and enter the key for 4.0 Iam told Invalid Key????

Edited by Crinius

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, getting the same error on CMBN, have used the patch and reinstalled with the 4.0 full installer, same thing. about to try CMFB and see if it gives the same error.

Btw theres a file inside the install directory called "Activate New Products" which brings up the licence prompt, get an "invalid serial number" after putting in my licence key.

Edited by SapperHarvey

1 hour ago, Crinius said:

I just tried it with all CM games and always the same. I just saw that in each games directoryx thers a exe calleds "Activate New Products" but when I run this and enter the key for 4.0 Iam told Invalid Key????

For the record, I have exactly that problem. For CMRT.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Hi guys,

I have managed to activate all the games but CMRT. CMFB gave me some trouble, but as I was finishing reporting the issue via the helpdesk I tried again and it worked. In one of the still failed attempts to activate CMRT, I got a glimpse of a message reading "Could connect to online activation servers". This doesn't seem to be a matter with Windows 10 firewall or stuff, the CMFB issue happened on a laptop running Win 7 SP 2.

55 minutes ago, Wicky said:

4 Upgrade & activation for mac worked fine for CMFB - but the 4 upgrade activation on CMBN mac fails (even offline activation fails) 

So hopefully the help desk can get it sorted.

CMBN-activation1a.jpg

cmbn-activation2b.jpg

That's exactly what I am getting when I try to activate CMRT using the "offline" option. Since you did already the bug report, maybe you will want to refer to this thread in it.

2 minutes ago, Pekische said:

Try to find exe file "Activate New Products" in you game directory. Run it and insert your license code. This way was successful in my case...

Not in mine. CMFB doesn't work either.

3 minutes ago, kuri said:

I haven't been able to activate any of the 4.0 upgrades with my bundle serial key, tried every game.

Must be something wrong with the bundle serial key.

I'm glad I read this thread before making the buy. I've had two years of activation hassles with my CM games, and am running a little low on patience just now. Cash too, but if BFC can get this running right, I'll make room in my budget for it.

One thing I could use some clarification on, does buying the full-up megapack mean that the complete games are included, or do you have to have previously installed the games? I would prefer the former as that should be a far more streamlined installation.

Michael

I can also report that I am having issues with my license activation for the new upgrade as well. Same issue as you all are having. Everything installs fine, but when I try to activate the game it says I have an invalid license key. When I use the original key I got when I first bought the game it says it was successfully activated, but upon loading the game it tells me  that the v4.0 needs to be activated. 

I submitted a ticket with the helpdesk. Hoping this is an easy fix for everyone, both staff and customers. It is Christmas Eve after all :)