HO HO HO!!!!

gnarly

Just now, Euri said:

Same here. But I dont think it is PBEM related. It is rather the effect of loading a game saved before the update.

Correct. I had it in single player saves as well. When you upgrade a lot of things can potentially change and at least the initial save you are running can reference items incorrectly. Theoretically the next turn saved after the upgrade should correct all that, but I can't say that for certain. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer. Here is how I have things setup:

• Java is on my path - which is what the java vm installer does by default. (1)
  • I have the ScAnCaDe in a directory C:\Programs\ScAnCaDe
  • Then you create a directory where you place your campaign files (you can do it in the game's directory but I prefer to do this in a scratch location where I copy the .cam and .btt files I am interested to)
  • Using the command prompt change directory to the location above e.g.: cd \temp\campaigns
  • Then in that location type this command: java -jar C:\Programs\ScAnCaDe\CMx2_ScAn_CaDe_v2.0.jar

That will produce the output files in the current directory along side the .cam and .btt files.

(1) You can test that java is on your path by typing java -version at the command prompt. I believe you need java 1.7 or above for the program to work. If java is not on your path you can either add it to your path or change the command above to something like: C:\PathToJava\java -jar C:\Programs\ScAnCaDe\CMx2_ScAn_CaDe_v2.0.jar

Note: the above paths have no spaces in them to keep things simple. If your paths have spaces then adding quotes in the right places will make it work.

34 minutes ago, IanL said:

Bummer. Here is how I have things setup:

• Java is on my path - which is what the java vm installer does by default. (1)
  • I have the ScAnCaDe in a directory C:\Programs\ScAnCaDe
  • Then you create a directory where you place your campaign files (you can do it in the game's directory but I prefer to do this in a scratch location where I copy the .cam and .btt files I am interested to)
  • Using the command prompt change directory to the location above e.g.: cd \temp\campaigns
  • Then in that location type this command: java -jar C:\Programs\ScAnCaDe\CMx2_ScAn_CaDe_v2.0.jar

That will produce the output files in the current directory along side the .cam and .btt files.

(1) You can test that java is on your path by typing java -version at the command prompt. I believe you need java 1.7 or above for the program to work. If java is not on your path you can either add it to your path or change the command above to something like: C:\PathToJava\java -jar C:\Programs\ScAnCaDe\CMx2_ScAn_CaDe_v2.0.jar

Note: the above paths have no spaces in them to keep things simple. If your paths have spaces then adding quotes in the right places will make it work.

Thanks for the help-- I'm still doing something wrong but maybe I'll have a moment of zen at some point and it'll all click.  

8 hours ago, Euri said:

It would be great if the campaign maps were released as stand - alone

I particularly like the map from the first scenario of the US campaign. If I were up for learning how to use the editor, I would take that scenario and rework the OOB a little and try that. I really don't care much for how the scenario plays out, but I love the map.

Michael

47 minutes ago, IanL said:

Bummer again. Send me a PM with what is going wrong. I would be happy to help talk you through getting it to work.

Rgr that chief--
EDIT--  I'm so clueless with Java I'm having trouble even finding the language to describe my issues.  Going to read on the matter more before I take your time!

Edited by TheForwardObserver