HO HO HO!!!!

gnarly

Well, that makes sense.  I always thought it was stupid how often we got new cards, though with the amount of credit card number thefts I'm still thinking 7 years is wishful thinking.

We're definitely ditching our current store because, as has been discussed previously here, it sucks :D  Since it will be a few more months before we transition to the new one I will give another shot at trying to find where the variables are stored.  The last time I spent hours trying to track down variable hand offs in the scripts and just couldn't get to it.  However, it is obviously there somewhere!

Steve

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

For Italy there is only CM Italy 2.00 Full Windows and CM Italy Upgrade 3.00??? Windows? No 4 for Italy or just mistake?

A few posts in the ww2 forums indicate that v4 for FI delayed  till early 2017. I believe a note to this effect is somewhere in the installer game folder or similar?

35 minutes ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

Where is the follow vehicle command? Its not implemented?

Steve addressed this in one of his posts. There were some issues. Trust me: you're happier it's not there, despite all of us trying to get it to work.

12 minutes ago, Euri said:

I dont see a "follow vehicle" command been implemented

Can someone explain how the hull down command is supposed to work? 

Hull Down has TWO types of implementation. One type has a fire command associated with the waypoint, the other does not. (This is all in the readme, if I remember it correctly.)

1. With a Target Command.

- Draw your Hull Down movement. That waypoint is the furthest your vehicle will travel while it tries to...

- At the end of the Hull Down path, draw a TARGET from the endpoint to the location to which you wish to be hull-down.

- From the beginning of the Hull Down path, to the endpoint, the vehicle tries to get hull-down to the target location. It will stop as soon as it achieves this. If it cannot achieve this, it will stop at the endpoint.

2. With no Target Command

- Draw the Hull Down movement path.

- The endpoint is the location to which the vehicle will try to achieve hull-down status, starting from the beginning of the path.

- It will stop as soon as it achieves hull-down status. If it cannot, it will stop at the endpoint.

Does that make sense?

Also note that the vehicle is seeking hull down relative to a tank-height target at the desired location, not the ground itself, so if you see blocked LOS when the vehicle stops, keep this in mind.  If you suspect a shorter target (e.g. an ATGM or low profile AT gun), you might want to place the hull down order short of the desired location.

9 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Unfortunately the "follow" command was too hard to implement as it screwed things up. Another time, perhaps...

It must be incredibly hard to implement and I'm sure they've tried very hard too. The other features make more than up for it. Good to know they've at least tried to make our gaming life a bit easier. :)

2 hours ago, Euri said:

has anyone noticed if the spotters' stance logic has been imporved? Or are they still vegan-feasting the grass?

I'm sure @TheForwardObserver can attest to whether all FOs are that aggressively vegan or not!  Grass is nutritious, so I've heard.  At least if you have four stomachs...

I'm also curious about the infantry survivability tweaks mentioned in the changelog.  Any anecdotes about how effective they are?

On 12/24/2016 at 4:43 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Most likely, but no guarantees.  We do not perform any specific tests to make sure things will work or not work.  Sometimes a particular tweak won't be activated for a game already in progress, but that's not a big deal.

Steve

Everything seems okay in a PBEM, except that smoke has turned into explosions. I shudder to think what kind of horrible cancers the pixeltruppen will suffer from after inhaling such nasty stuff.