Gone with the wind?

Hello,

haven't been playing CM a lot lately. Didn't visit the Forum as much as I used to.

Bought ARMA3 in stead of Final Blitzkrieg (No schwimmwagen!!) and no regrets so far, I must confess. But Combat Mission was, and is, also a beautiful game and the itch to get goin' again gets bigger by the day.

The announcements about the new game engine keep me from buying Final Blitzkrieg, because if I buy a new game, I would very much like to have the new game engine version. But it seems to me that there is a strange absence of Battlefront-messages/notifications/remarks lately.

They're not gone, are they?

(Proud owner of Overlord, Barbarossa, Normandy, Commonwealth, Market Garden, Black Sea.)

I'm guessing BFC is quiet due to the Christmas season.  They are working on new material for Fortress Italy and the engine upgrade.  I think you can go ahead and buy CMFB and when the engine upgrade comes out (IIRC) that is sold separate for about $10.  AFAIUI there is no monetary savings to waiting.  

3 hours ago, Stele said:

Curious; do you play the ww2 IFA3LITE mod for Arma 3?

Stele,

Yes, since a few days. Saw this mod-scenario (Operation Neptune it is called, I believe), and it requires IFA3LITE. Just played this small single scenario, but the mod is pretty good. Gives a nice WW2-feel and with the astounding possibilities in ARMA3 (The maps, the way vehicles can cook off, the unbelievable freedom of movement, the multitude of vehicles and weapons and much more)  it's fun to play.

Be it that I only play single-player so far, I do not know how it works out in multi-play.