Separatist push/Ukraine shove back

Kinophile

5 minutes ago, ikalugin said:

(as this thread is now doomed probably)
Yes, it seems like Zelensky is the popular candidate, if unlikely to win.

Well the war is actually unpopular in Ukraine (not that Russia is popular in any respect :DThe prevailing opinion is "let's build a Trump-like wall around ORDLO and forget about them forever". The likes of Haiduk - Ukraine uber alles, let's fight till the end - are very vocal but in palpable minority.

8 hours ago, IMHO said:

Well the war is actually unpopular in Ukraine (not that Russia is popular in any respect :DThe prevailing opinion is "let's build a Trump-like wall around ORDLO and forget about them forever". The likes of Haiduk - Ukraine uber alles, let's fight till the end - are very vocal but in palpable minority.

The hystory is making by active minority. Rest "swamp" only can boil over on own kitchens. I don't know what will do Zelenskyi, but I think the situation with Trump will repeat. Russia prayed for his victory, but... something went wrong. Zelenskyi of course, more liberal then Poroshenko, but since 2014 he is supporting our army on Donbas. 

Zelenskyi with Air-assult troops commander lt.general Zabrodskyi. 

D3kGcD1XoAAExqh.jpg

Edited by Haiduk

But historically Ukraine never recovered after the break up of the Soviet Union and did badly under every administration, so I would not be optimistic for either option.
If anything I believe that Poroshenko, with the external help, would be able to keep his seat, which is why there is re-newed interest in Zelensky's backer.

https://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&met_y=ny_gdp_mktp_cd&hl=ru&dl=ru#!ctype=l&strail=false&bcs=d&nselm=h&met_y=ny_gdp_pcap_pp_kd&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=region&idim=country:AZE:ARM:BLR:GEO:KAZ:KGZ:LTU:LVA:MDA:RUS:TJK:TKM:UZB:UKR:EST&ifdim=region&hl=ru&dl=ru&ind=false
GDP per capita inflation and purchasing power adjusted. If anything you can view it as a smaller, poorer version of Russia as any problems you may think Russia have (ie HIV epidemic) Ukraine would also have it.

Edited by ikalugin

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Just how much politics do we need to have in a thread before it breaks the no politics rule?  :rolleyes:

About this much.

We've strayed way far off the game and it's become too political for the General Forum.