New Campaign ready for download: "The Road to Bastogne".

52 minutes ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

The JPz IV./70(A) only has two orange bars for off-road movement so thats even worse, those bars should difinitely be taken into consideration when moving off-road.

I was looking at a (V) instead of an (A).  Wow!  Two orange bars.  IIRC two orange bars is the worse off road rating I have seen in the game so far.  I would make every effort to keep a JPz IV/70(A) on the road network especially in muddy conditions.  I would also try to avoid shell craters on the road.  

Thanks again for making this. 

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

Someone did tests with vehicles crossing walls, fences and hedges using FAST vs SLOW and according to the tests, there was NO difference in the % chance of damage (in the game).  Not intuitive at all.

This is exactly right because you cannot get a tank to go crashing through a fence at top speed in the game!  The driver will slow down to push over the fence.  This is built into the game.  The driver is specifically slowing down so there is no increase in the chance to become damaged because the actual speed the driver goes through the fence is the same regardless of how fast you told him to drive. Ditto for walls. Ditto for hedges.

2 hours ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

It is a game, its not RL, but I move units and vehicles as I would in RL, thats my point.

Which is awesome.  +1

1 hour ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

The JPz IV./70(A) only has two orange bars for off-road movement so thats even worse, those bars should difinitely be taken into consideration when moving off-road.

You know I should probably pay more attention to those :)

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Rastamon said:

Thanks for the campaign Lille Fiskerby.  Wrapping up the second mission and thoroughly enjoying it. Running well with 4.0. 

Glad you like it and that it works with upgrade 4.0. I have not had the chance to play a lot with 4.0 yet but I'm looking forward to all the new features and one especially:

The TacAi will now move under enemy artillery fire that sounds very interesting.

9 hours ago, Frederico said:

The defensive setup in battle two was a pain to unravel - well done. I can only imagine how long it took with the size of the map and number of units. Just getting into the third battle and already a surprise. Thanks for your work!

Thanks, after the war the 7th Armored Divisions defence in the St Vith area was considered a classical example on how to conduct a defensive operation with a armored division, so it should not be to easy :)

• 2 weeks later...

So, playing the Hill 525 battle and ran into a confusing result. The briefing indicated that the hill was worth 300 points, meaning that if I captured the other objectives I would at least have a draw. However, the AI was awarded 600 points instead and to make matters worse I had numerous units in place to contest the objective. I have replayed the last few minutes and received the same results. I can not continue in the campaign so it is kind of frustrating. Any thoughts?

Edited by Frederico

You have OBJ Farm 1+2 and "recapture farm" ? and sitting on OBJ Point 525 but the americans still have forces there ? 

SPOILER ALERT !!!

You have to get close to the farm complex on point 525 (3 buildings) the american OBJ is smaller than the german, if you get to the american OBJ "point 525" you will win, if you have the rest of the OBJ secure.

• 2 weeks later...