Camera Groups

Hello All:

Trying the demo to see if I can get back into the game. I have CMBN and CMFI. In CMFI a feature that I liked was introduced but didn't work for me, namely camera groups. CTRL-1 for example assigns Camera Group 1 to unit X and when you want to find that unit quickly you just hit ALT-1. However in CMFI when you save the game and exited it seemed to lose this link.

Same thing happens me in CMFB. Has anyone got these camera group bindings to stick so when you load a saved battle they are there again?

Thanks,

Gerry

Perhaps, honestly I had forgotten about it so I have missed many opportunities to advocate for it. Yes, for even medium sized battled I usually have two or three ongoing actions I want to watch and it would be nice to set a camera up to watch each so on play back I could just jump to each spot in turn.

Thanks for the reminder.

6 hours ago, IanL said:

Sigh, I so wish they persisted. I would dearly love to make use of that feature but for PBEM the fact that they do not get saved makes it no good for that type of play. I actually forgot about that feature, now I want it again...

Yes this could be a very cool and useful feature if it persisted through a PBEM.  I sometimes use it when playing against the AI.  My one complaint about Iron game play mode is that only HQ units can be assigned a number.  I would also like to give a Forward Observer and sometimes an XO team a number.  Then my radio call sign convention would work all the time instead of only when playing on Elite against the AI.

1st Platoon-1,  2nd Platoon-2, etc.  Company HQ-6, Forward Observer-7 etc.......... More numbers for bigger battles might also be useful.  But I would definitely be very happy with just having the assignments persist through all the turns of a PBEM.  

Maybe someday.