New CMBS module/DLC ?

FoxZz

Hello everyone,

Bought the game recenty and I'm really enjoying, I just finished the campaign, and I was wondering if a DLC/module is planned for CMBS at some point including new nations and campaigns, like it was done in shock force ?

Would be great fun to play with new units and new kinds of organisation, such as Brits, French, Germans and so on.

That is the intent for sure.  I am not 100% sure what the official plan for CMBS is but I am pretty sure that other titles are getting modules first so it will be a little while before we see it.

For now you can find new scenarios and campaigns on the Scenario depot http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/black-sea/

and a sort-able list of known scenarios and campaigns here: http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com/index.html

You should be able to find some more cool stuff to play.

A DLC/Module is planned for sure. It was state on the page of the game, even. :)

Personally, I'm looking forward towards a module which would include the Polish Armed Forces. Realistically, they seem like the more plasuible force to appear in Ukraine after the U.S. Army. 

Not really.  They lean pretty heavily on the NATO equipment and their own indigenous modernizations and new vehicles.  And some of the most important older stuff is not in the Ukrainian inventory in game (BMP-1 and T-72M).  For example:

4x Leopard battalions

4x PT-91 battalions

3x T-72 battalions

Edited by akd

17 minutes ago, Cobetco said:

the "Stealth" tank! that would be a must for a polish module, i mean sure it may not see mass production but it would be fun, and hey the US has APS so why not?

The stealth tank was a bull**** tank - a cardboard mockup designed by a computer game studio, put on the CV90 chassis. The cardboard pieces of it are still laying around in the Bumar Labedy factory - I know a guy who saw them there. From the real stuff - the fleet of Polish Leopards 2A4 is undergoing a modernization to 2PL standard:

leopard_2pl.jpg

Apart from that, there are Leopards 2A5 in thePolish inventory. I've recently found out that our German friends are also secretly supplying us with a modern APFSDS, but I'm not going to elaborate on it here ;) 

Edited by Ivanov

If I had to choose one I'd go for a French module, considering those never appeared in CM licence yet and they would bring some neat stuff, like the Leclerc tank, the bonus smart shell, they also have a nice command system that allows to fire for effect without spotting shot and many other nice stuff.

But I guess I'm a bit biased here haha.

On 11/25/2016 at 5:20 PM, Erwin said:

Just asking:  Do the Poles have equipment that differs from what is already available for US and Ukraine armies?  Are their helmets different?  This could be a user-made mod.

I was actually thinking about making me own reskin mod to change the Ukrainians into Poles but then I realized that TO&E is incredibly different. If you'd really squint and want to make the most without having new models; you'd achieve something of a Polish CatA force from the 1980s if you remove Echo BTRs and the BM Oplots.

Writing from my own personal experiences and without dwelling into details; the equipment is nothing like the UAF and more similar to U.S. Army actually. If you want to use this comparison. Former Warsaw Pact equipment is almost nonexistent except for the venerable BMP-1s (contrary to what some sources and media propaganda says, not every unit is equipped only with them) and some internally modernized artillery units like the Carnation (ZS1 Gvodzik IIRC the GRAU designation). Many of the equipment is designed and produced in country, like small arms and the famous Rosomak APC/IFV which, contrary to popular beliefs does not have the autocannoas as the only weapon. Leopards are currently the most advanced MBTs in service. In  a way, the Armed Forces is indeed lacking in certain equipment and vehicles but it still slowly being improved. I understand that there are some Poles who think that the Armed Forces are in a worthless condition but I do not share this opinion. If you want more information, just PM me. ;) 

Oh, and before I forgot.  Yes, the helmets are different. Current widespread issue helmet is the wz. 2005 which is similar in build to the PASGT one, to use this comparison.  Different units use different helmet types for example the Airborne and so forth obviously. The wz. 2005 is the most popular in mechanized units, which are the ones CM: BS I supposed to represent IIRC. The most elite SOF units often use the same equipment as their American counterparts use. Speaking about AFV crewmen, they use a modern Polish version of the infamous Russian tanker helmet.  Although crews of IFVs like the Rosomak use different ones.  

If I had to guess at the likely NATO module countries it'd look something like the following, in descending order of likelihood:

1. Poland: Interesting kit, politically aligned to show up, and geographically close

2. Germany: Geographically close, interesting equipment, there's a devoted Deutch followers club that buys CM products.  

3. UK: Some interesting kit, existing assets from CMSF, large Commonwealth audience for CM as far as I can tell (or at least large anglophile population)

4. France: Missed CMSF, good kit, likely contributor to whatever NATO fast reaction element shows up

5. Baltic NATO members: Kind of a tossup.  Realistically their response to a war in the Ukraine would likely be going full mobilization/alert and preparing for possible Russian attack.  On the other hand CMBS is a really good venue to portray them, and they're "small" enough to fluff up a larger module while being more relevant than below regionally.

6. Denmark/Norway/Netherlands/Belgium/Canada/ other "Northern" NATO members: Some of these have slipped far enough since even 2008, let alone 1990 to be really fairly marginal players in a large shooting war (or I'm sure Canada's task force would be a stalwart collection of well trained soldiers, just they'd likely be a Brigade minus at best assuming some sort of long build up time, with the remainder being increasingly less relevant given the general divestment in armor/mechanized forces).  Which isn't to demean their part in collective defense, but to make the statement that some of them might show up as part of a larger module, but something like how the NATO module for CMSF looked seems like a good model (two or three smaller countries with a partial TOE bundled with a larger country's more complete TOE)

7. Spain/Italy: I certainly wouldn't rule them out.  Have interesting equipment, however they have not been especially aggressive about NATO participation in Eastern Europe.

8. Turkey/Greece: Turkey especially would make for interesting hardware, but I feel they'd be hard to shoehorn into a Ukraine conflict for political and geography type reasons

Also add in that there will almost certainly be a USMC centered module, and likely some US Army updates.  Looking at how CMSF worked out, the various TUSK and BUSK makes showed up later, as did the IBCT TOE.   I think a National Guard TOE would be pretty easy (M1A1SAs, M2A2 ODS, early model Strykers), as would a "come as you are" addition to include M1A2 SEP v2s and M2A3s as currently fielded without ERA, LWS, or AMPs for the Abrams.  Also slim chance of throwing down some autocannon Strykers I imagine.  

3 minutes ago, kinophile said:

I've regularly heard the line about the Rosomaks being well regarded,  but no actual accounts (other than 'scaring insurgents' in AFG) or analysis. 

I'm not doubting,  just seeking actual background infornation/actual experience. 

Well, I would say that if it would appear in CM: BS it would make mincemeat out of BMP-1/2s. Keep in mind Poland is one of the few countries in Central Europe that utilizes the Spike ATGMs which surpass both the Konkurs and later models in engagement range.