A remake of SCWWI?

Been following the remake of SC2 to SC3 with interest especially over at the Matrix SC3 forum where there has been a huge amount of posts.   Might it be possible to do a remake of SCWWI in much the same way? Look here:  http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1252

Edited by operating

Where Lordz has given up on CTGW and is willing to release all it's work (as far as I know)  to another party for further development  with the blessings of Ian McNeil might this be of interest to SC?  Ideally, I 'd like to see a blend of these 2 games (SCWWI and CTGW) into one production.  Personally I prefer the SC maps as hex based and keep all the SC scenarios, in reality CTGW does not offer a whole lot to scenario diversity.  I'd keep the SC tech and diplomatic  systems and units, however I would change the detach/attach system to commander's ZOC (which it presently has) only (silhouetted), perhaps having overlapping generals ZOCs (this would speed up in game arrangement/deployment without a lot of micromanagement).   Definitely change the SC game's music (presently the music is rather dreary/not inviting).  Movement and combat needs a different methodology, such as it is in SC that when a unit is moved it is the only time it can have combat, I'd prefer that after the curser is off the unit that later the curser could be put back on the moved unit for the unit to have combat.  Somehow SC has to make this game smoother to use than is presently.            

What I do like about SCWWI is the players "cannot spam certain units", there's a limit to each category of units, unlike CTGW: which can turn into an abortion given a chance by the owning player, be it that it is SP or MP.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the below quote (in bold) over at SC3.  Does most of that quote hold true for SCWWI?  I'm real interested in this part of the quote:  "A HQ offers supply to other HQs"....

Your HQ does two things: offer supply and offer support.

- A HQ offers supply to everything around it, much like a city does.
If the HQ itself is supplied for 6 or more, it offers the same supply as a city of 10, meaning it offers 9 to troops next to it, 8 to troops that are 2 hexes away and so on.
If the HQ itself is supplied for 1-5, it offers the same supply as a city of 8, meaning 7 to troops next to it, 6 to troops that are 2 hexes away and so on.
If the HQ itself is not supplied, it offers the same supply as a city of 5, meaning 4 to troops next to it, 3 to troops that are 2 hexes away and so on.

A HQ offers supply to other HQs. So, in Russia, you can "chain HQs": put a HQ near a city (so it has supply 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5, giving 7-6 supply around it) and place another HQ near it. That second HQ will give 10 supply.

Supply does not change with the HQ's experience or the HQ rating.
The Italian HQ offers supply to Germans troops and vica-versa.

- A HQ also offers supportto troops that are assigned to it. Depending on your technology, this can be up to 8 troops. IT isbest to manually assign your attack troops to a HQ (armies, tanks, artillery & bombers) because else the AI picks units and may give support to a garrison in the back and not give support to the tank in front.

A troop that is under HQ support has a higher readiness then other troops and thus fights alot better than other troops.

Support does change with the HQ experience, HQ rating and HQ research.
The Italian HQ does not offers support to Germans troops nor vica-versa.    

Edited by operating

• 2 weeks later...