Next family in the Eastern Front

Jumpete

I arrived not long time ago at this forum, and I don't know if somebody from BF has said ever something about new CM modules on the Eastern Front. I checked a few threads in the forum and I read that they'll go back in time year by year, so next family would cover since Summer'43 to May'44. Does BF release this game next year or will they continue with modules for one or two years more?
Thanks in advance for the info.

The next installment will take CMRT to the end of WWII. A lot of guys are psych for that and so am I. Although I would have preferred the earlier dates like you mentioned. But the silver lining is that CM should be with us for a long while and with that those earlier dates will be fought out on ever newer game engines. 

In the mean time take a look at the Winter and Stalingrad MODs. They will extent RT back a bit in time. 

Welcome aboard. 

Even though I have very few posts for the community I remember being around right as CMBO came out.  One thing I've learned to love about this company is to be patient and you will more than likely see everything covered in one way or another.  It may take time but apart from the Pacific theater and early western front war we've had a way to play ever scenario imagined.  Even some great modern stuff that I've never thought about before; Syria, black Sea, Russians in Afghanistan etc.  

Great company, great games, and willing to listen and interact with its customers makes me a backer as long as they are willing to take my money.

Hi all. I just found the time to dl stalingrad mod + some maps that go with it - and it's simply WOW. - amazing works guys.

i was thinking - mods that make such an overhaul of a whole major city such as stalingrad... can anyone recommend any other CM mod that also overhauls a town or city ? I'm not sure there are so many. And I'm not being limited to CMRT either.

On November 18, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Jumpete said:

Does BF release this game next year or will they continue with modules for one or two years more?

There will be one more module in the RT family that will bring the action up to the end of the war supposedly. I would expect that to appear some time in the coming year. As for the Kursk family of games, it will depend on what BFC's schedule is looking like. It might appear in about a year, but I am guessing it will take a little longer than that, so possibly the first half of 2018 at the earliest. But you never know until BFC announces its availability.

Michael

Of course Michael, I know that BF has in the pipeline a module for RT, and will cover the time frame between September'44 to Berlin, or at least this we can read in the game manual. But the truth is that Chris spoke us in the last Xmas bone only about snow, but the fact is that the informacion about this module was very vague one year ago. I believe that the BF boys are working so hard and this is, most likely, the cause of their silence. Probably during next year we'll recive some modules (I can't wait to see next Christmas bone) ans maybe, only maybe, a new family game. For all this, I was asking if there are chances for Kursk, or anybody bets for another theaters such as N. Africa or France'40, or ......

5 hours ago, Jumpete said:

For all this, I was asking if there are chances for Kursk, or anybody bets for another theaters such as N. Africa or France'40, or ......

I've already given my guess on the timing for a Kursk family. N. Africa and France '40 aren't even on the horizon yet as BFC has made no commitment to producing them. All there is is a lot of wishful thinkers, myself included, who keep asking for them.

Michael

It does seem a shame that the earlier battles weren't chosen first, it would have been great to start with Barbarossa and work through such great campaigns as Stalingrad, the various Kharkov's and of course Kursk. But I can kind of see why the devs went for Bagration as they had virtually all the German late war stuff already done, and at the end of the day it's a business for them.

One reasonable request though; please put the Pz. III into this game from MG/FI  - at least that will help in mocking up earlier scenarios.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just thinking that someone mentioned the Italian Theater is next in line for adding new content.  But I was thinking what else can they add really?  I would have thought that after finishing CM Blitzkrieg they would move directly to RT.. as the German Buildings and such would be completed as well as end game German equipment, and the only thing to really add would be Russian Equipment pretty much as well as Russian Allied forces, and for the Germans Hungarian, maybe Romanian but I thought they capitulated pretty quick.

Finns didn't switch sides.

Some quotes from

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation_War

"An armistice between the Soviet Union and Finland was signed in Moscow on 19 September 1944."

" Finland was first required to expel all German troops from its territory within 14 days. As the Germans did not leave Finland by the given deadline, the Finns fought their former co-belligerents in the Lapland War. "

Germans had about 200 000 soldiers in Northern Finland and there was no way they could leave  in 2 weeks like the requirement was in peace terms. So Finns had to continue fighting after September, now to get Germans to move towards Norway. Had this not been done, Russian army was ready to give some assistance. And in fact they were attacking Germans at the same time in eastern parts of northern Finland and northern Norway.

Edited by SlowMotion

I would like to see the next DLC dedicated to fighting for Europe and the Victory Day on 9 May. A later release packs Germany's allies fighting on the eastern front, Romania, Hungary, etc. And as allies of the USSR as an Army "Polish Army".

Я бы хотел увидеть следующее ДЛЦ посвященное боям за Европу и Днём Победы 9 мая . А позже выпускать паками союзников Германии воюющие на восточном фронте Румыния , Венгрия и т.д.  А так же союзников СССР в виде Армия "Войско Польское" .

• 2 weeks later...