CMRT Finland Mini Mod

33 minutes ago, rocketman said:

This place will not be the same without you but enjoy whatever you do instead of CM. I'd like to thank you as it was your enthusiasm that made me get going with the editor and create stuff for the community. It has enriched my CM experience tenfold :)

Hear, hear!

Oh $hi+ guys! You are yanking at my heart strings. This is starting to sound like one of those 1970 "roasts" and who was that old comedian who always pretended to be drunk? Foster Brooks? Jeez, maybe I do just need a few months off and will come back. In December I am going to Pisa, Italy for a week with this hot 39 year-old marathon runner lady. I will walk the Pisa marathon but she will run it. Maybe I just need some "action" :o  and can get back on the CM saddle! My doctor is making me get a stress test before he will sign the form to send to the marathon sign-up. Maybe the 39 year old needs me to have that test also. She's got kids. I've got kids. Hard to find time for privacy and such events that fill that privacy. Anyway, maybe TMI. But I do sincerely care about all you forum buddies and let me just say that a nice break will make me refreshed and ready to contribute again. Maybe ten years IS kind of extreme... :D

for my buddies...

Edited by kohlenklau

During the last few years i have from time to time mentioned that the CM players have a hanful of guys to thank for keeping the Community made stuff comming.

You most certanly is one of those 'handful of guys'...Many thanks for your outstanding work.

Have a nice break and good luck with that 39 year-old B)

"Never before in the history of human wargaming have so many had...."

Cheers/ RepsolCBR

I am a Finn and could help this mod a little . I am speaking about voice acting . Me and my friend have done sound mods to different games . (mostly death screams etc)  but I could make some variations to Finnish soldiers voices.  Example "get down,  kill them all , I'm wounded , and lot of Perkele, because it was used often in battlefield . Me and my friend especially are quite busy, but I can do this but cannot promise any time schedule . Also, we can correct artillery commands to Finnish language . 

I am a Finn and could help this mod a little . I am speaking about voice acting . Me and my friend have done sound mods to different games . (mostly death screams etc)  but I could make some variations to Finnish soldiers voices.  Example "get down,  kill them all , I'm wounded , and lot of Perkele, because it was used often in battlefield . Me and my friend especially are quite busy, but I can do this but cannot promise any time schedule . Also, we can correct artillery commands to Finnish language . 

Here is example of angry finnish swearing .  Perkele, saatana, vittu, kyrpä etc. There is English subtitles . Quite hilarious video . 

Edited by Reiter

These are the phrases we need voice acted out in Finnish. 1 recording minimum, 2 different is stock selection. so 2 different people or just different tone of voice of the same Finn. :D Feel free to use Finnish military terminology or whatever was used by Finnish WW2 military. Find an old guy at the veterans nursing home and ask him?

1. "Adjust fire, over"

2. "Adjust fire, out"

3. "check fire, check fire, check fire"

4. "End of mission, out"

5. "fire for effect, over"

6. "fire mission request received, out"

7.  "request fire mission, over"

8.  "roger, check fire, end of mission"

9. "roger, fire for effect"

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kohlenklau as a Finn who plays CM series, I was so happy to see this thread. Actually had to finally make an account here so I can post and thank you. The "weird Finnish BAR" you looking for is Lahti-Saloranta M/26, which is an LMG, but you can go with DP28 also since Finns liked those and captured many, when Winter War ended we got so much of them (Also during Continution war) that we tended to give the DP's for the conscript and jaeger units first, it was more reliable and ammo capacity was much greater.

I am part of Finnish WW2 Reenactment group here in Finland called "Etulinja" which means "Frontline" http://etulinja.net/

So I have some knowledge of the stuff, also if any of you want to design somewhat accurate Finnish missions from '44 be my guest and ask us! Ive done some missions myself with the German units to potray the battles of Summer 1944, but now with Finnish units its even better.

We at Etulinja have done some Artillery reenactments aswell and for upcoming year also in honor of Suomi's 100 year Indepence!

So for proper artillery commands and what the FO's did say back then, they were slightly different than they are now, I could help.

Edited by Annddy

@Reiter Great! I hope you can find a time to accomplish the new commands.

@Annddy You are very welcome. I would appreciate your assistance. Can you please provide the proper Finnish terminology for the below 9 situations in a reply to this thread? So Reiter knows what to say or at least has your opinion for his consideration....

1. "Adjust fire, over"

2. "Adjust fire, out"

4. "End of mission, out"

Once all this is done and voice files provided to me and they test out, I will make a Winter Finnish Mod for 1940 Talvisota. :D

Edited by kohlenklau

Sure... Obviously Adjust fire command really from my knowledge dont exist or didnt back then in Finland, since it means corrections anyway. For Talvisota its kinda hard since game is full of 1944 equipment anyway, but for infantry you can do it. Ill edit this once I get them sorted better. I think Reiter still gets the idea for most of them anyway so no need for all of them :). To be honest, those helmet decals werent that popular, one company used them duing Winter war but 99,9% cases no decals. 

If you looking for info about Finns, check this site http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/MAIN.html it even has Finnish ORBATs of the era

3. Tuli seis

4. Tulitauko (Means the battery is on "break", before next fire request will come)

5. Tasalla (Means spotting rounds are on target, no need for adding or lowering. Fire for effect)

6. Tulikomentoja (different voice from the battery), basically means "fire commands"

7. Tulikomentoja (FO)

Correction on the colors for the clothing, they should be more gray.

10021.jpg

23656.jpg

Edited by Annddy

3 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

@Reiter Great! I hope you can find a time to accomplish the new commands.

@Annddy You are very welcome. I would appreciate your assistance. Can you please provide the proper Finnish terminology for the below 9 situations in a reply to this thread? So Reiter knows what to say or at least has your opinion for his consideration....

1. "Adjust fire, over"

2. "Adjust fire, out"

4. "End of mission, out"

Once all this is done and voice files provided to me and they test out, I will make a Winter Finnish Mod for 1940 Talvisota. :D

Speaking of Finnish stuff Kohlenklau, the campaign you asked for is nearly done. I am working the AI for the last mission and then it is just a matter of getting the briefings done and creating the campaign. Just for your information it is a 4 battle mini-campaign depicting actions during the Tali-Ihantala battle of 1944. The maps are hand created as accurately as possible for each engagement. There are 2 engagements around Tali, one at the Portinhoikka Crossroads and one at the village of Ihantala covering from June 25,1944 until July 1, 1944. Do you want me to wait for a updated mod folder from you guys or go with the one I orginally downloaded from your link? I added in my own take on the Finnish StugIII as I emailed you. Of course as always I will credit the mod team for this great mod in the designers notes and any others that are due.

I will include the mod folder in the download for the campaign so your "customers" will not need to download separately unless you want to do it differently. Just let me know. I will also include a bit of historical stuff for the battle in the designers notes as it was quite interesting to research. Hopefully i got most of it close to right for our Finnish friends lol.

Michael

• 4 years later...

My plan now is to focus on the new CMRT Romanian Mod. I am now using GiMP. I have to re-learn whatever I forgot. By the time I have got that figured out, then I will go back and look at the CMRT Finn Mod. Some other folks have been working in it, maybe I don't have anything or much of anything to do. Back when I departed the forums for a long break, I never politely closed the loop with some folks on things we were partnering to accomplish. I am sorry about that. @Reiter

ALSO after F&R is released, I will look at winterizing the CMRT Finn Mod. Have the Finns in appropriate uniforms...

33 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

ALSO after F&R is released, I will look at winterizing the CMRT Finn Mod. Have the Finns in appropriate uniforms...

Hey Phil, this might already have been started/ done, at least for uniforms. As we discussed offline, when I get the hard drive data back from my fried computer there may be Finns in winter uniforms in there. Pretty certain of it, but it was 3 or 4 years ago, so... I’ll let you know.

P.S. Reading through this old thread...I did a Maxim swap with the mg42  for the Finns, and I think an AT gun swap of some sort. While you’re working on the Romanians, let me know what you are looking to do with the Finns and I will see if I can take care of it. 

Replacing the 3D MG42 model with the Maxim model is very simple. But it does not solve the problem of the high rate of fire and reliability of the MG42 and the opposite characteristics of the Maxim. In my modification of the Finnish mod, I used a mixture of Germans and Guard Russians according to the armament characteristics best suited to real Finnish weapons. Voice files can be a problem with this approach.