Problem with AMD drivers

This is really just a report because I have found the workaround - but just to say as a Radeon R9 200 series owner none of my SC games will run on any of the drivers since March 2016. I have to roll back to March 2016 and try and prevent driver update.

Not a problem at the moment as all other programs will run with that legacy 2016 driver -  but if there is some kind of functionality being taken away then might it eventually impact on SC3 when it comes out? In other words - how long before other apps wont work without the latest driver, but that latest driver is no good for SC?

Just a thought. Anyone else found this problem?

I assume what you're seeing is the same or at least similar to what has been reported in this thread for SC WW1/Breakthrough:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/123426-initialize_national_tile_surface-error/

I'm not sure what the requirements for SC3 will be, though I doubt that they'll exceed what the March 2016 driver provides. I don't know if the programming for SC3 (SC WWII: War in Europe) has changed significantly from previous SC titles (new programming environment, different compiler, etc.). There is a beta test for the new game, which is being distributed by Matrix Games. Hopefully this isn't violating the rules of the forum posting the link to another publisher:

SC WWII: War in Europe Beta Test