DAR: Kinophile (RUS) v. The Forward Observer (US) - Batt. PBEM

Kinophile

2 hours ago, kinophile said:

are the other two RUS drones oF lesser ability? 

The Zala is the smallest and least capable. It has no laser designator for PGMs and no thermal camera. The other two Russian UAVs have both. It also has a smaller observation area.

EDIT: Did some testing and didn't see much difference in spotting at night so maybe the Zala does have a thermal camera.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Vanir Ausf B said:

The Zala is the smallest and least capable. It has no laser designator for PGMs and no thermal camera. The other two Russian UAVs have both. It also has a smaller observation area.

EDIT: Did some testing and didn't see much difference in spotting at night so maybe the Zala does have a thermal camera.

Wikipedia tells me it has a colour video camera, infrared camera, and a photo camera @ 10MP.

I think the zala helps give some balance to the game, it helps offset some of the advantages of the us abrams and javs.

the tungunstas also help the balance. The us can have invulnerable survelliance as well if the us player decides to swallow the cost.

they get a better platform that has a laser designator so can precision strike anywhere on the map , can observe much larger areas and is invulnerable unless the us player decides to use it as a strike asset , I don't see why you'd want to ban Zalas....

the only thing the zala brings to the party is it's a cheap surveillance asset and not the best at that.

4 minutes ago, VladimirTarasov said:

Hmm... All this talk gets me wanting a battle. Kino or TFO or anyone else if you guys want a battle let me know. I'm sure someone here holds a grudge against me so... Watching you guys play was fun. 

Listening to Kino's trash talk was even more fun!

Current Email Diplomatic Exchange:

KP: In the words of the great Von Blondies

TFO: How are you not intellectually drained and in need of recovery time?  lol.  I still need to inspect the map.  I have a feeling it could probably use about 500 percent more trees. 

KP: You know open space on maps is a fact of life yes? Oh you mole people. I always forget agoraphobia runs deep in the ground humpers.

TFO: I can afford 57 Abrams tanks

KP: Ah yes,  Armoured strollers to carry your mole babies in to mole baby daycare. Very parental. However,  Mech Inf or no game. Force Field protected Land Battleships are unwanted in this Game of Destroyers.

TFO: Blue is unplayable against the russians without abrams tanks.  everyone knows that. 

What we need-- is a donetsk city master map:

X4xn-WfLYmZJVJlv56-hHH6DPHVlhxrlJUFOiOGT

KP: I'd be game to build that.  But this is all time that could be used setting your turn....

TFO: What about the Chernova Hirka master map instead, its feels more real than swampland.

KP: Sure! Just downloaded it,  checking it out.

[Download Complete]

[CMBS Loaded]

[QB battle selected]

[Battle loads]

KP: ****ing hell.