6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

No.  B)

Correct me if I'm wrong but are there not compatibility issues with newer versions of Windows?  I'm sure I'd read something to that effect somewhere so I'd rummage around the various screenshot threads or anything to do with FRAPS in relation to the latest version of Windows before you buy. However if you're not running the latest version of Windows then for sure I'd give it a spin - I have it and am very pleased with it.

I have one machine on 7 and a new one on 10.  I hate the (expensive) one on 10.  Feels like it was made for kids who only want to do social media, have their personal info stolen, and be marketed to.  

Every time I have to log on to 10, it tells me that I have to do something with my Windows something in order to get apps, which I couldn't care less about.  Then it tells me I need to accept cookies...  Haven't even bothered loading any games on it. 

Am seriously considering for the next super machine to pay extra(!) and have Win 7 loaded.  7 does everything that is needed.  I can't believe that I am the only one who feels this way...   Reckon that MS support will continue due to demand.

Win7 was still the most used OS worldwide as of last year IIRC, but Microsoft steadfastly refuse to acknowledge reality as they want us all to do everything on Tablets (easier to spy on 'em see).  ;)

FRAPS on Win7 gives me no hassle whatsoever.  Download, install, make pictures/videos whatever to your heart's content.  I've used it for every picture I've posted except possibly the first couple.  B)

FRAPS is working just fine for me on win10. True it will not do normal Windows screen capture on Windows 10 but I never used it for that on win7. 

Windows 10 is pretty much the same as win7 and I am using the same anti tracking techniques and software as I was on win7. 

Having learnt 7 and have it work so well, I resent having to spend hours and hours learning a new OS just to do what I was doing in 7.

I honestly don't know how to work my 10 machine properly.  :(  

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:50 PM, IanL said:

FRAPS is working just fine for me on win10. True it will not do normal Windows screen capture on Windows 10 but I never used it for that on win7. 

Windows 10 is pretty much the same as win7 and I am using the same anti tracking techniques and software as I was on win7. 

using fraps on windows 10 as well, no issues.

On 22.2.2018 at 5:07 PM, DeathToLC said:

Thanks for the campaign, one of the best campaign experiences I've had in the CM series!

Sounds promising. I also need to take a look at this in the near future.

Guys ! I fired up this campaign in CMSF2 - looks a gem thus far.

Im going to have a LONG December. Thanks @Combatintman for reminding me that these are compatible. Considering the amount of CMSF1 content, this is a goldmine.

On 8/4/2017 at 9:27 PM, Erwin said:

I have one machine on 7 and a new one on 10.  I hate the (expensive) one on 10.  Feels like it was made for kids who only want to do social media, have their personal info stolen, and be marketed to.  

Every time I have to log on to 10, it tells me that I have to do something with my Windows something in order to get apps, which I couldn't care less about.  Then it tells me I need to accept cookies...  Haven't even bothered loading any games on it. 

Am seriously considering for the next super machine to pay extra(!) and have Win 7 loaded.  7 does everything that is needed.  I can't believe that I am the only one who feels this way...   Reckon that MS support will continue due to demand.

Still using Win 7 on my workstation and gaming laptop... Purring right along.