Black Sea v1.04 released!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're looking into the issues raised here.  Unfortunately, patching involves changing code.  Code changes sometimes comes with side effects.  Sometimes those side effects go unnoticed for one of a billion reasons.  Other times there's issues that weren't brought to our attention until after a patch is out.  Which is why there's no well supported game on Earth that has only one version :)

As for having to re-register... normal for MacOS only.  We made code changes to better support cross platform support and on the Mac side that means a one time re-registration for most of our current games when we patch.

Steve

22 minutes ago, Euri said:

a PBEM I am playing where I noticed the "rottating" function. But I need to confirm if it was in anothe context

Save games (including PBEM) are not guaranteed to be fixed.  Sometimes data is stored in the save files which is itself the problem.  I do not know if that is the case with this particular issue or not, but as a general rule we judge things fixed or not based on brand new games.  If someone can replicate this with a brand new game (QB is fine) then please do report in, otherwise we will presume it is fixed.

Steve

19 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Save games (including PBEM) are not guaranteed to be fixed.  Sometimes data is stored in the save files which is itself the problem.  I do not know if that is the case with this particular issue or not, but as a general rule we judge things fixed or not based on brand new games.  If someone can replicate this with a brand new game (QB is fine) then please do report in, otherwise we will presume it is fixed.

Steve

this pbem started after 1.04 was introduced

http://imgur.com/ckLSXcA

Make sure your game says v1.04 on the title screen and ask your PBEM partner to do the same. The patch had an issue where if it was installed to a location other than the default it would appear to have installed properly but actually didn't.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xgajfm8d9k8wfs/Oplot commander blues.btt?dl=0

That is the test scenario I created to test this bug. I cannot get the Oplot commander stuck rotating since the patch. Play around with it and if you can tell me how.

On 10/20/2016 at 5:55 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Basically there was a slight tweak to how the TacAI handles targeting for vehicles with multiple weapons.  Not a big change, but there were some "corner cases" that Charles felt could be addressed.

A brain in a bottle's work is never done.  Thx guys!

On 10/25/2016 at 3:31 PM, Ithikial_AU said:

Same thing happened in Australia when a whole generation realised there were better international beers out there. Regardless, consumption of alcohol via Beer on a per Capita basis has been falling for some time as we acquire more diverse pallets. :P (Yes out central statistical agency collects data on alcohol consumption).

Alcohol%20Consumption%20per%20Capita_zps\

I can't remember much of 1974-75, this may explain why. 

38 minutes ago, Euri said:

I just finished a mirror PBEM on Brutal. No surprises. Total victory for Russians in both. But what came as a suprise is that the After Action Report declares 8 UKR vehicles killed when UKR has only 4 vehicles during the game! 

Are you sure about that?  I've counted 7 destroyed BTRs in my game so far.  If only my opponent didn't get busy and would send me his turn so we can keep going to the bloody end!