Black Sea v1.04 released!

44 minutes ago, lapdog33 said:

i heard about that improvisation, will try to use it   but isnt bmp3 3man crew (in game it has 2 guys )   yet strykers which have 2 crew members have better spotting

The issue with the Russian vehicles, is that the squad leader is also the commander. Whether or not he dismounts various in RL, but in game he is always part of the dismount squad. This means, if you disembark your infantry squad from a BMP, you are left without a commander to man the good spotting equipment. This does not happen with the Bradley where there is a dedicated commander, part of the vehicle crew, but not the dismount squad. What some do with russian IFV/APC, is split two guys off (it is not possible to only split off one) from the squad and keep them in the vehicle, but then you are left with only 4 dismounted soldiers.

I just played a QB, where I had a 2 man sniper team in my BMP-3. They spotted an infantry squad to the front, and engaged with the BMP-3 bow machine guns. Unfortunately, they did not manage to inform the gunner of the vehicle about the position of the enemy, before a javelin struck.

Edited by Muzzleflash1990

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Muzzleflash1990 said:

The issue with the Russian vehicles, is that the squad leader is also the commander. Whether or not he dismounts various in RL, but in game he is always part of the dismount squad. This means, if you disembark your infantry squad from a BMP, you are left without a commander to man the good spotting equipment. This does not happen with the Bradley where there is a dedicated commander, part of the vehicle crew, but not the dismount squad. What some do with russian IFV/APC, is split two guys off (it is not possible to only split off one) from the squad and keep them in the vehicle, but then you are left with only 4 dismounted soldiers.

I just played a QB, where I had a 2 man sniper team in my BMP-3. They spotted an infantry squad to the front, and engaged with the BMP-3 bow machine guns. Unfortunately, they did not manage to inform the gunner of the vehicle about the position of the enemy, before a javelin struck.

so if you had a squad leader that comes with a vehicles, he wouldve alerted the crew?

i mean is squad leader the best option or any team would do

Edited by lapdog33

A word for you mod users.

The various BMP-2 versions for both sides got new turret models so current mod art won't work correctly on them now. The mods will need to get updated.

Also, the T90AM turret model's been tweeked a bit and the vehicle art refreshed. So you'll need new mod art for that too. Plus, T90A art's been refreshed (though the model's unchanged).

Let me think. What else. Oh, the improved CMFB flames art is now in CMBS. MT-12 Rapira AT gun and Stugna-p ATGM art's been massaged a bit. M110 sniper rifles are new textures.

Edited by MikeyD

Something is very wrong with the Mac OS version of the patch. I DLed and installed it okay, but when I launched the game again, it demanded the serial that came with my "new software". I can't recall this ever happening with a patch before. Well, so I retrieved the original serial when I bought the game and inserted that, only to be told that it was not valid. Now I can't play the game at all.

Michael

14 hours ago, Hister said:

Russian Kontakt-1 and Kontakt-5 ERA are now less effective at defending against tandem HEAT warheads.

Where is the Kontakt-1 ERA featured in-game? I thought that was a relic of older Russian tanks.

Ukrainian tank ammunition loads have been adjusted. Oplot-M now carries APFSDS 3BM42 Mango (instead of Zubr), and T-64BV now carries APFSDS 3BM22 Zokolka (instead of APFSDS 3BM42 Mango). T-6DBV now carries 3BK18 HEAT shells instead of 3BK18M.

I don't know much about Soviet tank rounds and couldn't find any satisfactory sources on this topic. Are these changes an improvement or a downgrade to Ukrainian armor? I would appreciate it if someone could provide some specifics about each round.

FIXED: At close LOD, BMP-2M would look like a BMP-2.

I promised myself a pilgrimage to Mecca if this was fixed. This bug really bothered me for some reason.

4 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Something is very wrong with the Mac OS version of the patch. I DLed and installed it okay, but when I launched the game again, it demanded the serial that came with my "new software". I can't recall this ever happening with a patch before. Well, so I retrieved the original serial when I bought the game and inserted that, only to be told that it was not valid. Now I can't play the game at all.

Michael

Me too! I've just had the very same experience as described by Michael.

I thought it was just me doing something stupid; glad (if you see what I mean!) to see that someone else has the same problem ...

17 hours ago, Erwin said:

:)

Am curious re "Due to the potential of conflicts with earlier game Mods, we strongly advise uninstalling any mods prior to installing this patch." 

What determines if a mod is incompatible, and can one safely put back the mod folder after patch install?

Changes to strings is the big one.  @MikeyD pointed out some changes in models that require mod art updates too. Yes, after you have the patch put them back after deleting anything that you know effects the afore mentioned items.

Honestly, and don't tell Steve :), I never remove the mods enmass.  I remove the ones that are known to cause problems (vins animated text mod) and install.  If something should turn out to be goofy then I move the mods aside and try again.

12 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Michael

7 hours ago, PhilM said:

Me too! I've just had the very same experience as described by Michael.

I thought it was just me doing something stupid; glad (if you see what I mean!) to see that someone else has the same problem ...

I suspect I know what the issue here and it's likely something we have to fix on this end.  I'll get back to you shortly!

Steve

I downloaded the Patch file from this URL: https://battlefront.sharefile.com/share?#/view/sccb722bc4a44d748

The zip file size is listed as 62 MB, after extracting the file, the CMBS_v1.04_Setup.exe is listed as 545 KB.  Is this correct?

I installed this file and after trying to start Black Sea the game crashed.

Is there a different download location available?

It would have been very helpful, if a link to the Patch was provided in the first post of this Thread!

12 minutes ago, Kuderian said:

Thanks BFC and beta testers for the patch.

Do you think the below is the planned release order schedule for the CMx2 family?:

Patches for all CMx2 games.

V4.0 updates for all CMx2 games.

New module for CM: Fortress Italy :):):)

Yup, roughly that.  We aren't planning any more patches for the current batch of CMx2 games.  The CMFB and CMBS patches we just put out are the last, now everything going forward will be Engine 4.0.

1 minute ago, Chops said:

I downloaded the Patch file from this URL: https://battlefront.sharefile.com/share?#/view/sccb722bc4a44d748

The zip file size is listed as 62 MB, after extracting the file, the CMBS_v1.04_Setup.exe is listed as 545 KB.  Is this correct?

Yup, that sounds fine.  The Setup is just what puts files in the correct spots, so it's not big.

I installed this file and after trying to start Black Sea the game crashed.

Is there a different download location available?

No, and there's no need for one.  Whatever problem you are experiencing is not related to the download itself.  Sounds like you should file a Help Desk ticket as trying to troubleshoot in this thread is a bad idea.  Other than to say you should install with your anti-virus software off as it can sometimes interfere with a clean patch process.

It would have been very helpful, if a link to the Patch was provided in the first post of this Thread!

We tend not to put links in the Forum because they can change on the server and that means dead links in the Forum.

Steve

@Chops is it possible you extracted only the setup .exe file and ran the install?  There are several files inside the .zip file you downloaded.  They all should be extracted to an clean otherwise empty folder before running the setup.

If that is not your problem then do what Steve suggested and open a help desk ticket.

13 hours ago, JUAN DEAG said:

Where is the Kontakt-1 ERA featured in-game? I thought that was a relic of older Russian tanks.

I don't know much about Soviet tank rounds and couldn't find any satisfactory sources on this topic. Are these changes an improvement or a downgrade to Ukrainian armor? I would appreciate it if someone could provide some specifics about each round.

Downgrade. 3BM22 "Zakolka" has normative penetration 170 mm and average 200 mm @ 60 degrees from 2000 m. 3BM42 "Mango" has normative 230 mm and average 250 mm @60 degrees from 2000 m. Average penetration under 0 degrees are 430 mm and 500 mm. This downgrade was made for more realistic situation with UKR ammunition load. We have lack of APFSDS and mostly is using exactly 3BM22. 3BM42 episodically were using in 2014 by BM "Bulats of 1st tank brigade.

3BK18 HEAT has 500 mm penetration under 0 dgrees. 3BK18M - 550 mm. Both in use now, though 3BK18M some more. but looks like was decided to give for T-64BV weakest ammunition. 

K-1 uses our T-64BV.

Ah, forgot. Now T-72B3 has not so "elephant skin" armor thickness in main gun area. Now it can be easily penetrated even with RPG. This issue of gun area immunity was marked as fixed, but I don't test it yet again. 

Edited by Haiduk