Black Sea v1.04 released!

46 minutes ago, Euri said:

I just finished a mirror PBEM on Brutal. No surprises. Total victory for Russians in both. But what came as a suprise is that the After Action Report declares 8 UKR vehicles killed when UKR has only 4 vehicles during the game! <Snip> 

Euri, I just did a quick count.  You had eight.  Some you had in such good keyhole positions they are hard to find.  Also not all have a pillar of smoke marking their location.   

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On October 25, 2016 at 3:28 AM, Michael Emrys said:

Am I just imagining things, or did breaching kits get stripped out of US infantry squads? I noticed they were gone this afternoon when I was playing the last scenario of the Training Campaign.

I don't recall receiving an answer to this question. If it was a deliberate choice I am okay with that. It makes sense that an infantry squad would not want to be dragging around breach kits in the woods, and if they need to break some walls in an urban environment, it should be possible to attach either breaching teams or engineers. I did kind of like the breaching kits though.

Michael

3 hours ago, Vanir Ausf B said:

The absence of breach kits is temporary.

Oh, okay. I was thinking that in the case of mech infantry, the breach kits might not be a part of their permanent ensemble, but could be carried in the Bradleys and acquirable by squads.

Michael

Edited by Michael Emrys

On 2016-11-27 at 0:11 AM, Michael Emrys said:

I don't recall receiving an answer to this question. If it was a deliberate choice I am okay with that. It makes sense that an infantry squad would not want to be dragging around breach kits in the woods, and if they need to break some walls in an urban environment, it should be possible to attach either breaching teams or engineers. I did kind of like the breaching kits though.

Michael

Dont worry, Battlefront will make breaching kits great again..... :P

On 2016-11-27 at 5:09 AM, Michael Emrys said:

Oh, okay. I was thinking that in the case of mech infantry, the breach kits might not be a part of their permanent ensemble, but could be carried in the Bradleys and acquirable by squads.

Michael

+1 , that would be a neat option to be able to pick up such things in limited quantity from vehicles.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2016. 10. 20. at 3:05 PM, Battlefront.com said:

The next release will be Upgrade 4.0.

Steve

Really? Then i have a question...What is the first game will get 4.0 engine upgrade? you said you are very interested in Upgrade CMSF to mordern standards, So...CMSF first?!

anyway, whatever the first game has 4.0...it makes me hype. :D

• 2 months later...

So am I understanding this right; 1.04 removed breach kits and only way to get them back is to pay to upgrade to 4?

I don't really understand how upgrade 4 is a 'engine' upgrade, it seems like a patch to me; there's no new graphic engine and no multi-thread support. Seems like just a couple of new actions for troops and some extra AI plans, am I being unrealistic expecting more from a payed 'upgrade' ?

I don't want to join the debate on what constitute the label engine. But I find that a bit problematic, if it is indeed the case that, to get the 'patch' for the missing breach kits in v1.04 you have to buy the 'upgrade'. I understand, for development convenience, that any future changes or fixes post upgrade 4, will most likely only apply to versions running that engine version: but for a bug introduced before the engine change, but fixed after, you would also need to buy the "engine upgrade" to get the bug fixed (unless a upgrade 3 patch to v1.04 is on the way?).

While I have money, and can therefore be practical (the upgrade cost is only 10$), I find this highlight some principal problems of this approach.

• 4 weeks later...