Black Sea v1.04 released!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In theory v1.04 shouldn't interfere with existing saves.  However, that is something we do not test for and therefore I can not say for sure if that is the case.  Because of data tweaks there could be some issues which you'd never notice, but still might be relevant.  For example, let's say that you save at the spot where two tanks are fighting each other.  We make a tweak to how Tank A works and so the next exchange of fire might go differently than the previous one.  That sort of thing.

Steve

Thank you for the patch, has long wanted to ask. When you correct the model machinegun PKP. Trifle of course, but it's nice.

P.S When can we expect the first information about the new DLC for CMBS .

Спасибо за патч , давно хотел спросить . А когда вы исправите модель пулемёта ПКП . Мелочь конечно , но приятно .

П.С. Когда можно ожидать первую информацию о новом ДЛЦ  для CMBS .

Edited by HUSKER2142

Hey, 1.03 and 1.04 patch list exactly the same fixes. :D

Edit: I installed the update and the real changes are these:

v1.04 Patch Notes:

Infantry Weapons:

* Effectiveness of the M-25 CDTE's HE grenade has been increased against enemy troops.
* More models of recoilless weapons can fire indoors, and with less suppression on the firing troops.
* Infantry mortar teams will now use their mortars when given a Target Light area fire command.
* FIXED: Disposable AT weapons not disappearing from the soldier's kit after use.
* FIXED: Igla S missile offset from tube when launching.
* FIXED: Rarely an AT-14 team would be unable to finish deploying the ATGM inside houses.
* FIXED: M25 CDTE has 5-round magazine.

Vehicles:

* IFVs with cannons and ATGMs will more intelligently choose which weapon systems to engage enemy vehicles with.
* Abrams tank side turret armor (both base armor and ERA) is now less effective at defending against tandem HEAT warheads.
* Russian Kontakt-1 and Kontakt-5 ERA are now less effective at defending against tandem HEAT warheads.
* Abrams smoke deploys slightly more slowly.
* Ukrainian tank ammunition loads have been adjusted. Oplot-M now carries APFSDS 3BM42 Mango (instead of Zubr), and T-64BV now carries APFSDS 3BM22 Zokolka (instead of APFSDS 3BM42 Mango). T-6DBV now carries 3BK18 HEAT shells instead of 3BK18M.
* BTR-80A, BTR-82, and BTR-82A are now more willing to area fire in low visibility conditions.
* 2K22M Tunguska does not have thermal optics (the 2K22M1 still does).
* FIXED: The AT-10's tandem HEAT warhead from the BMP-3/3M was too weak against ERA. 
* FIXED: Sometimes Bradley and Abrams ERA blocks would fail to function, allowing HEAT warheads to travel through them and hit the base armor unimpeded.
* FIXED: At close LOD, BMP-2M would look like a BMP-2.

Support:

* FIXED: UAV thermal vision works better in poor weather.

Quick Battles:

* QB prices of fortifications have been increased.
* Tunguska SPAA QB price increased.

Artwork:

* Improved textures for M110.
* Improved textures for Skif.
* Improved textures for AK-74M.
* Added muddy textures for MT-12 Rapira.
* Corrected some mismapped textures in a few flavor objects.
* Small adjustments to a variety of vehicle models.

Misc Bug Fixes

* FIXED: M1167 Humvees would sometimes count as a tank kill on the AAR screen.
* FIXED: Unit crossing bridge would sometimes get stuck or needlessly zigzag.
* FIXED: Sometimes a wire fence would stay upright after a vehicle rolled through it.
* FIXED: A specific Independant House building model had opaque windows.
* FIXED: Other minor misc bug fixes.

Edited by Hister

9 hours ago, gnarly said:

UNIT BEHAVIOR:

• Troops will now "Cower" less readily after being shot at if they are in a low suppression state.
  • Small arms fire and ricochets from friendly units will no longer cause units using the Hunt command to stop moving.
  • Units are better at targeting the exposed portions of a hulldown vehicle.
  • IFVs (such as BMPs or Bradleys) are now better at choosing the optimal weapon system for engaging enemy IFVs. In most cases this means that they will favor immediate use of autocannons over ATGMs.
  • FIXED: Infantry on the move that had their next waypoint adjusted would sometimes turn around and run back to the last waypoint before continuing with their orders.

These changes seems to be general improvements to the TacAI. Will these changes eventually reach the other game series?

3 hours ago, Hister said:

Hey, 1.03 and 1.04 patch list exactly the same fixes. :D

Heh... well, I guess that is because I published a rough draft before the full changes were known.  Oops ;)  I'll fix that.

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

:)

Am curious re "Due to the potential of conflicts with earlier game Mods, we strongly advise uninstalling any mods prior to installing this patch." 

What determines if a mod is incompatible, and can one safely put back the mod folder after patch install?

This is a standard disclaimer that comes with all patches/upgrades.  We have no control over what people do for Mods and that means we can't be sure they will work.  We've had instances of problems in the past (in particular with Hotkeys) and people say "this is broken!" and we say "try it without your mods".

1 hour ago, Muzzleflash1990 said:

These changes seems to be general improvements to the TacAI. Will these changes eventually reach the other game series?

Yes.  All generic changes are always applied across all titles eventually.

51 minutes ago, lapdog33 said:

any chance that russian spotting is fixed?

You'll have to be more specific than that.

Steve

I'm building a new scenario from scratch after I installed the update this morning.  I'm using the Chernova Hirka Mastermap v1.btt that came with my install of CMBS.  in the last 4 hours I've had 3 crash to desktop events.  I'm not running any mods and this is a brand new install of CMBS.  I never had a signal CTD with v1.3 CMBS or CMFB.  I am running a new motherboard (hence the clean reinstall).  I'm not 100% sure v1.4 is the culprit.  The CTD happens when I load 3D view in the editor.  The load screen gets to about 30% and crashes about 1 in 20 times.  Other hardware I upgraded was CPU to a i5 6600k oc'd to 4.1 stable after multiple stress tests with heavy duty cooling system, upgraded to 16gb of ram at stock freq.  Most everything else was reused.  Sorry to data dump here, just trying to nail down what the issue might be.  Rebuild is about a week old, no other programs have run into issues (yet:unsure:).  I've been playing CM titles a bunch since my hardware upgrade.

Has anyone else experienced new CTD events after the update?

PS  Forgot to mention I upgraded from Win7 to Win10.  I believe it's supposed to be compatible without me having to fool around with the settings.

BTW this is my first post on the forums.

Battlefront, you guys are awesome and in my opinion don't get enough press and praise for the products you produce.  I've been into serious warsims for a few years now, and I just stumbled across your company a few months ago.

Thanks again!

Edited by armchairGman
Adding time of CTD

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

Heh... well, I guess that is because I published a rough draft before the full changes were known.  Oops ;)  I'll fix that.

This is a standard disclaimer that comes with all patches/upgrades.  We have no control over what people do for Mods and that means we can't be sure they will work.  We've had instances of problems in the past (in particular with Hotkeys) and people say "this is broken!" and we say "try it without your mods".

Yes.  All generic changes are always applied across all titles eventually.

You'll have to be more specific than that.

Steve

while i was writing that post i did not have 1.04 installed but since i did not see any concrete mentioning of russian optics/spoting i figured nothing changed

Literally the main issue with CMBS and maybe only really bad thing that makes me think weather to play CMBS or not is Spoting of Russian APCs , IFVs and MBts

ive been playing CMSF today and t62 /72 can immidatelly spot abrams m1a2 or m1 ,or any vehicle that pops in front of it 50-100 meters away

(surely t62 doesnt have better optics/observation than t90A/AM?)

in CMBS (Pre 1.04 patch) t90 would need 1-3 seconds to spot moving abrams while it was stationary and would usually get rekt by abrams cos abrams have considerably better fire controll system or whatever its called, it can hit before you blink

Now after i have installed CMBS 1.04 patch, something changed. i duuno if i am halucinating or not but i ve tested it about 40 times various positions and commands but Abrams tank actually on average, spots slower. lets say its equal, theres room for roullete always. (armour is far superior and fire controll, but thats ok)

NOTE: even tho this is a pleasant surprise , i noticed that in CMBS  vehicles tend to spot objects 1-4 seconds later (literally even if its sits infront of them, this is regardless of patch)  than vehicles in CMSF.

did you change anything to improve Russian MBT spoting?

i still havent tested IFVS and APCS so i have no idea are russians still high on weed and blindfolded when they need to spot US vehicles

Edited by lapdog33

5 minutes ago, Muzzleflash1990 said:

@lapdog33 do you remember to keep some extra crew in the russian vehicles to help spot?

i heard about that improvisation, will try to use it   but isnt bmp3 3man crew (in game it has 2 guys )   yet strykers which have 2 crew members have better spotting