Quick question re. File numbering

Hello all, 

Been a lurker for a while on the forums and recently got back into Combat Mission to see all the great new games that have been released since Normandy, and have been having a blast!

I was just wondering in relation to numbering of files such as uniforms if there was a limit or anything I am missing? I've been combining and mixing uniforms just by adding extra numbers at the end and that seems to work fine, so is there a number limit to such things?

19 hours ago, baddude1337 said:

Hello all, 

Been a lurker for a while on the forums and recently got back into Combat Mission to see all the great new games that have been released since Normandy, and have been having a blast!

I was just wondering in relation to numbering of files such as uniforms if there was a limit or anything I am missing? I've been combining and mixing uniforms just by adding extra numbers at the end and that seems to work fine, so is there a number limit to such things?

As far as I'm aware no-one has reported hitting such a limit.

More likely that the effective limitation exists in the RAM that each machine and GPU has, and the 3-4GB 32 bit limitation of the game. The greater the number of different textures that are loaded into each battle scenario, the closer the machine will get to hitting those RAM limits. This is one sure way to find those limits.

Operating 4GB of system RAM in combination with a graphics card with 2GB of dedicated memory will help squeeze the most out of the games's imposed memory limits.