v1.02 patch notes

1 minute ago, Vanir Ausf B said:

ATGs, infantry guns and anti-aircraft guns. To the best of my knowledge machine guns and mortars are unaffected, but they have never been difficult to keep hidden, IMO.

Interesting, thanks Vanir. I was just wondering if the adjustment was one across the board or affecting very specific types of units.

I've downloaded and installed the 1.02 update for PC.  It installed correctly, and my game shows 1.02 in the menu screen.

As with most patches, this one resets my custom key mapping.  I'm used to that, and I easily remapped the commands in the game menu.

In play, however, things don't seem to work as planned.  I remapped Pause to "P," but it doesn't work in the game.  Instead, hitting "P" shows "Pop Smoke" as the highlighted command.  My remapped movement keys, however, seem to work correctly, and they are different from the defaults.

Has anyone else seen this?

Edited by Holman

1 hour ago, Holman said:

By the way, in remapping my keys I noticed that there's a new entry call "Hull Down"...

Yeah, I noticed that too but it doesn't seem to be operative even if you assign a key to it. I'm thinking it may become available in the impending 4.0 upgrade

On 10/11/2016 at 9:48 AM, Holman said:

By the way, in remapping my keys I noticed that there's a new entry call "Hull Down"...

Good eyes!

On 10/11/2016 at 11:17 AM, Hilts said:

Yeah, I noticed that too but it doesn't seem to be operative even if you assign a key to it. I'm thinking it may become available in the impending 4.0 upgrade

Good guess!

:D

Steve

LOL what are you talking about.  The WWII titles are just fine in that regard.  With the usual knife fighting distances we usually play at the first hit chances should be high. Longer ranges *do* result in more misses.  Do you play CMBS?  If you did you would see a difference for sure - modern FCS are nasty. Vehicles die faster and furiouser in CMBS than any WWII title.

2 hours ago, IanL said:

LOL what are you talking about.  The WWII titles are just fine in that regard.  With the usual knife fighting distances we usually play at the first hit chances should be high. Longer ranges *do* result in more misses.  Do you play CMBS?  If you did you would see a difference for sure - modern FCS are nasty. Vehicles die faster and furiouser in CMBS than any WWII title.

Damn it...How did I know someone like, IanL, would find his way into my post and counter it...Grrr :-(

Edited by JoMc67

Actually tanks arguably miss too often in this game.

Not because of accuracy but because the high-velocity metal slug meant for punching through heavy armour will get stopped cold by a few twigs on a tree or a bush, or burst harmlessly against the leaves of a hedgerow.

If Hitler had been a gardener, who knows if he might have won the war...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am in the history of the western front of the profane, tank M26 Pershing was not used in Battle of Bastogne ?

Я в истории западного фронта профан ,  разве танк М26 Першинг не использовали в битве за Бастонь  ?

40 minutes ago, HUSKER2142 said:

I am in the history of the western front of the profane, tank M26 Pershing was not used in Battle of Bastogne ?

Я в истории западного фронта профан ,  разве танк М26 Першинг не использовали в битве за Бастонь  ?

The tankers from the 4th and 11th Armoured divisions would have loved to, but no, the Pershing didn't make it on time for that campaign.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 4:16 PM, HUSKER2142 said:

M26s did not see combat until late February 1945, with the 3rd Armored Division.