The 'Never Say You've Seen It All' Thread

Machor

Andy,

Loved the first one. Have a friend who's a huge F1 buff and shall share this with him. As for the second, I first registered yozh, then Ukrainian yozh, then okay, really has it going now. Did not see that dramatic plot twist coming. Hope everyone's swim card was current!

Regards,

John Kettler

I never saw the wave deflector (don't know what else to call it) undeploy before. I wasn't even sure it did. I guess that must be something controlled from the driver's position and he must have hit the wrong button at the wrong time. Must have been a red face as well as some soggy drawers afterwards.

Michael

The jury's out on whether this is real or a spoof, but I guarantee you there are Millennials who think and act this way. Extra rich coming from this poor oppressed pampered princess!

http://eheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/StraightOuttaHarvard.mp4

That ZeroHedge needs to tell Millennials the things in this helpful annotated reality checklist is appalling; that it did, possibly salutary. Couldn't get the link to break effectively, so am taking no chances and simply posting the article's title.

7 Harsh Realities Of Life Millennials Need To Understand

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:17 AM, John Kettler said:

The jury's out on whether this is real or a spoof, but I guarantee you there are Millennials who think and act this way. Extra rich coming from this poor oppressed pampered princess!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Poe's Law states: If you cannot tell something is a joke, and it's not obviously stated it's a joke, then it's real, or assumed to be real.

Andy,

Outstanding! If you can find a motorized version, I'll caption it "world's smallest technical" and put it in a book I'm writing. 

SLIM,

Never heard of it--among the infinite sea of other such things.

In other news, I was watching some videos on YT, forget how I got to this bunch in particular, but in one a heterosexual male got tired of all that gender fluid, gender isn't biology stuff coming from one SJW surrounded by a clutch of females of unknown identity espousal. He shut her down comprehensively with what may be the best one-liner ever. "I identify as an attack helicopter." She folded like the Broadway show no one attends!

Also, there's a very sharp youngish man named Ben Shapiro, who is openly Jewish, but NEVER uses religion (which he calls an Argument from Authority) as the basis for his rebuttals. The guy is an absolute terror when it comes to calmly beating people to death with facts, figures and dates. One individual tried to discredit his position on one issue by pointing out he didn't have a Sociology degree, to which he replied "I know how to read a scientific paper and understand what's said."  Someone else in a Q&A came at him from the get (a usage from Jewish law most are blissfully unaware of) with "I feel..." to which he replied "Unless you're my wife, children or someone close to me, your feelings don't matter and are of zero importance." Thought there was going to be a stroke, infarct or both over that. In another event, a consonant soup activist cum SJW was peddling her "unlimited gender" argument. His response? "You can call yourself whatever you wish, but don't expect me to do so." Thought she would cry.

Another fun one to watch is Milo Yiannopoulos. He's flamboyantly gay, which greatly complicates attacking him to begin with, but he is the master of the low key, massively buttressed with facts, rapier stroke. Heaven help you if you come at him with police shootings! Not only will he tell you who's really killing whom when it comes to cops shooting citizens, but who's murdering whom, who commits more crimes and on and on.

Watching these two at work is like breathing clean air after being out in the stockyards on a blazing summer day. There's even a possibility it's helping regrow brain cells!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Andy,

Don't know where you keep finding these photos, but they're marvelous and beautifully show the weird directions ordnance can go in a resource constrained situation. Wonder what it's like to fire your latest, given the high CG? Was on the site for something else and wanted to see what the supposed dope pics were. Was that a good idea?

Today's bizarre offering will probably make you long for crows instead.

thursday-dopeness-24.jpg

Cobras doing? Image Credit: http://sneakhype.com/dopeness/2017/07/thursday-dopeness-26-pics-3.html

There are also these, probably best not done in a quake zone!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Andy,

Most interesting, though I didn't quite get through that long article. One thing not said is that Muslim men, if killed by women, believe they are going straight to the Place of Eternal Fire. Read somewhere it's in the religious laws. Consequently, being killed by a female gunner is an Al-Shahab's soldier's worst nightmare. First learned of this when watching video of all-female Kurdish T-72 tankers.

My item for today is something I picked up on a link from a news site. This is something that would be very advantageous for people with boats.

Regards,

John Kettler

18 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

One thing not said is that Muslim men, if killed by women, believe they are going straight to the Place of Eternal Fire. Read somewhere it's in the religious laws. Consequently, being killed by a female gunner is an Al-Shahab's soldier's worst nightmare. First learned of this when watching video of all-female Kurdish T-72 tankers.

I don't think that's all Muslims JK.....Just the nutters.  ;)

Andy,

You may well be right, but my knowledge of the Quran, let alone the Suras, is so close to zero as to practically be unmeasurable. The top response on Quora seems reasonable to me and points out some things not covered in the Kurdish female fighter stories.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-ISIS-terrorists-think-that-they-will-go-to-hell-if-killed-by-a-women

In looking into this, I found something called the Gatestone Institute, a non-profit, non-partisan academic organization which is widely cited and looking at some tough issues, some of which relate to ISIS and broader matters. The list of staff members runs two dense columns of scholars from all over the world. Their articles are listed, as are their biographies. Some pretty harrowing stuff there.

www.gatestoneinstitute.org

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

On 7/23/2017 at 10:18 AM, John Kettler said:

a heterosexual male got tired of all that gender fluid, gender isn't biology stuff coming from one SJW surrounded by a clutch of females of unknown identity espousal. He shut her down comprehensively with what may be the best one-liner ever. "I identify as an attack helicopter."

her "unlimited gender" argument

Another fun one to watch is Milo Yiannopoulos.

It *is* fluid, and it *isn't* biology.

Frankly, the "heterosexual males" can be tired of it. They've had a good run. It's time to consider a world beyond binaries.

Milo Yiannopoulos is a human attack dog. I guess he's fun to watch, in the same way that Roland Freisler's courtroom must have been interesting to be in.

The full line is "I sexually identify as an Apache attack helicopter", btw.

Andy,

What a fine example of what can happen when people are engrossed in their personal electronics and don't pay attention to the world around them. I find the notion of sneaking up a T-72 to be pretty bizarre, but that certainly seems to be the case in the video. Also, I was amazed the chatter went on throughout--before, during and after.

TheBog11,

Frankly, I find this whole situation in which people self label and whatnot to be absolutely bewildering (to put it mildly) and wonder how much of this is tied to a personal desire to stand out and get attention? After all, many actions which used to be fringe, such as getting tattoos, are now so mainstream that those who wish to visibly be like everyone else have gone to greater extremes. Homosexuality and lesbianism have been around for ages, else, for example, we wouldn't see them prohibited in the Old Testament. Equally, I get there are some people who have always been sexually the opposite of the body they occupy, which may be compounded by being forced into the usual activities the body would seem to indicate. There are also hermaphrodites, males born without testicles, etc. I have doubtless left a number of things out, but I'm pretty trashed.

But somehow we now have, as Mom used to say, forty-eleven different flavors of people who, in some cases, appear to have created their own pronouns. How I'd hate to be a teacher!  The chaos and confusion this engenders (no pun intended)--atop the already existing strident movements--has created an unprecedented social situation most Americans simply aren't prepared for. I certainly wasn't. And how many are not what they say, but are espousing the party line in order to be accepted, perhaps even popular? How many have been swept up in the flood, as it were? How many have caved to peer pressure and not wanting to be called "X-ist"? Few will stand in the face of such things.

Nor should we forget that "cis" is frequently used as an epithet, rather than a gender description. The net result of all this, were we to display it in holotank, would be this seething, writhing mass something akin to crossing a particularly active Sun with a ball of rattlesnakes. What I see is that society has been flipped upside down, in that the relatively few have effectively taken over the mic, controlled the narrative; these relatively few have intimidated mainstream America into silence for fear of being perceived as (insert bad thing/s here).  From what I can tell, the position being taken is that heterosexuals are no longer typical but vile beings worthy only of extreme opprobrium and even assault. It seems to be all about normalizing not being heterosexual. But is that what's really going on here? What if we look beyond all that?

Fundamentally, humans are humans, and people are people, with the same basic needs and wants, but what we see here is yet another set of divisions at work. American society is far more fragmented now than at any point I can recall (I go way back), which makes it much harder for people to understand we're now light years past the classic pitting of the few Haves against the multitude of Have Nots. If you did a 3-D version of a safety glass windshield hit hard enough to crack into popcorn, but not flat out crumble, that would give you some idea of the way things seem to me to be. If things are barely holding together, what happens when some sort of force is applied to this fragile structure? With its structural integrity grossly compromised, how will it hold together?

There always have been, and likely always will, people who delight in, perhaps foment, the sort of strife we see unfolding, evidently worsening by the day. Historical examples abound. We Americans are a people riven, yet somehow, despite the vast number of groups, organizations, causes; despite  competing, sometimes wildly conflicting, voices and divisions, we need to find common ground and remember we're all in this together. Going back to my 3-D metaphor for the state of the American people, unless we start letting in that liquid cement used to fix small areas of damage on auto glass and allow it to flow throughout the enormously fractured structure; unless we find a way to be united in the areas that count, we may well be one thump; one squeeze, from societal disintegration. Don't know about you, but I have zero desire to live in a Mad Max dystopia! Ultimately, the packaging doesn't matter. What matters is how we treat each other, and that ought to be with dignity and respect.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

The more I try to keep up with this thread and the forum in general the more I fall behind, so I'm posting after having gone through only the last page.

First, some housekeeping. :)

On 29/07/2017 at 11:15 PM, John Kettler said:

One thing not said is that Muslim men, if killed by women, believe they are going straight to the Place of Eternal Fire. Read somewhere it's in the religious laws.

This is simply not true.

On 29/07/2017 at 11:34 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I don't think that's all Muslims JK.....Just the nutters.  ;)

Unless someone finds a credible source to the contrary, this ain't true either.

And now for today's bizarre news... How do gender politics in China compare to North America in the 21st century?

"Chinese restaurant offers bra-size discounts"

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-40851224

"A Chinese restaurant has come under fire for offering discounts to women depending on their bra size, it's reported.
According to the Qianjiang Evening Post, local people complained to the council after seeing posters advertising discounts for the Trendy Shrimp restaurant at a mall in Hangzhou, the main city of coastal Zhejiang province.
The company's adverts showed a line-up of cartoon women in their underwear with the slogan "The whole city is looking for BREASTS". It listed discounts for women depending on their cup size, with greater offers available to women with bigger busts.
One representative complaint said the posters were "vulgar advertising" and "discriminatory towards women".
The posters first appeared on 1 August and have since been removed, but Trendy Shrimp general manager Lan Shenggang defended their sales strategy. "Once the promotion started, customer numbers rose by about 20%," he said, adding that "some of the girls we met were very proud - they had nothing to hide"."

_97238088_cggkbvmfhi-alsanaac6wigjacu855