The 'Never Say You've Seen It All' Thread

Machor

"Site is unavailable to European visitors"

Scary that the internet that was supposed to unite us is now being censored so that people from one country no longer can access info from another.  Maybe the very tiny beginnings of a descent into conflict between US and EU?

5 hours ago, John Kettler said:

To properly appreciate the immensity of Texas, youy need something to which to compare it!

tumblr_lq300hZUmL1qzxt8qo1_1280.jpg

It also goes a long way towards expressing the extent to which Europe has been divided into lots of really small countries claiming some degree of sovereignty. To get an even better idea, take a look at EU2 some time where there is a plethora of duchies and baronies and other assorted ganglands.

Michael

There's a KS for something called Power Up 4.0 which is a drop in unit (originally for paper planes) which combines navigation, flight control and propulsion--all run from a smart phone. Add-ons include landing gear and wing leading edge LEDs. It's so well designed you can fly a leaf of lettuce. It's not pretty to watch, but think of what has to happen to fly at all with such a contraption. Vid's on FB but links to KS, so you'll need to find that for yourself.

Regards,

John Kettler

On 10/11/2019 at 9:30 PM, John Kettler said:

Don't know how many of you will be able to see this video of a ship anchoring gone disastrously awry.

That's what happens when you ride the brakes like an old grand-lady.

I spent a whole day looking at 'lost anchor chain' videos and such on YouTube.

Lots of fun.

There's also 'The Gallery of Transport Loss' over here:

http://www.cargolaw.com/gallery.html

You can get your shipwreck itch scratched, sadly the website hasn't been updated since December 2012, but everything should still work. Here's an example video from the final entry.

Happy hunting.

The Japanese are notorious for coming up with twisted games, but what if your sales force wasn't producing? "Okay, people, the two worst producers every month will be playing this! And , yes, that's a Madagascar hissing cockroach. Loser eats it." People have had to do exactly that on "Fear Factor."

https://66.media.tumblr.com/363bb8347949431f72bbb0725e503e99/tumblr_pgq4cf0TmL1so15avo2_1280.gif

Have long been fascinated by automatic industrial machinery. Believe these days there's also spot welding employed once the link has been formed.

tumblr_narqjinXw21sfg8kxo1_400.gif

"You look amazing!" has been so overused it's become positively trite, but get a load of this hairdo. It's truly wearable art and every bit as ephemeral as a Tibetan mandala.

e9227a46ffc5da91c50a60eb2229b2a019f34c27

Ingenious idea superbly realized.

tumblr_oxc98c8NIp1qhor12o1_1280.jpg

This is fetish attire, but I can't help think she's the wife of an important commander of those Sith Trooper units in one of the later Star Wars films. What do you think?

tumblr_mru9iwhZmD1sydo5do1_500.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

You have to be tough to be on the latex team, especially in summer. Just look at the cheerleader outfit!

tumblr_nl7tsuaMXB1qz9abqo4_1280.gif

Nothing quite like a vigorous treadmill workout--barefoot and with Lego™ added! Long ago I stepped on a single 8 block barefoot. Ow!!! Can't begin to imagine how bad this insanity hurts. Nor do I know how that person is even standing, still less running, after even the first few.

tumblr_of5h1o80Ak1so15avo1_500.gif

This is a kink shoot, but I prefer to think of it as being a test launch from a mobile rocket system of a very poor terrorist group. Don't try this at home!

tumblr_o1mu1vcpJc1uqe3epo1_1280.gif 

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

The brief was to depict the Sword of Damocles, but there were no swords to be had. Needs must improvise! Rigging this must've been quite the experience.

tumblr_ogkfhrvqp71r83jtco1_1280.jpg

Scenes with knives terrify me from a safety aspect. One sneeze or a cough on either end and disaster ensues. That's a real knife in the image.

tumblr_lxemgjwczf1qjeh4lo1_1280.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

This is a first for me in terms of a category classified information. The military K9 prominently featured and wounded in a high profile afterwards SOF raid has a classified name. Presume this is to prevent hostiles from targeting the dog, but still. Guess it should be viewed as an extension of PERSEC. This isn't quite as crazy as it sounds, when you consider that killing a police K9 in some states bears exactly the same legal penalty as killing a cop. 

Regards,

John Kettler