The 'Never Say You've Seen It All' Thread

Machor

Have seen this several times on Tumblr and thought I'd better grab it while I could. Two placards can provide some great nutrition education.

tumblr_oq9m4bo6ul1wpmojio1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oq9m4bo6ul1wpmojio2_1280.jpg

This may or may not be a Gustave Dore engraving, but it really doesn't matter who did it, only what's depicted. Though typically deemed impossible, it looks as though the infernal realm has indeed frozen. 

tumblr_phsq2cjdht1w8z7ga_1280.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

On 9/1/2019 at 5:30 AM, John Kettler said:

Believe this is some sort of automaton, likely pre-1900. Kind of creepy. too.

tumblr_osmzfpLps21qh24h5o1_1280.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Well after the Edit window closed, I realized a couple of things about this remarkable item. Whatever it is, it came from the Freemasons. Figured it out after I realized the bowler hatted columns were the two pillars of Masonry, Jachin and Boaz, and that the number was the Lodge number, a Lodge I figured, given the quintessentially British attire of the men in the pillars, had to be from there. Did a bit more research and found this telltale in support. Would you believe 104 Lodge Lane? That eye alone should've sufficed, but I failed to notice what was in plain sight below to left and right. The automaton must've been quite the thing to see operating back then.

In other news, someone posted this pic on FB. Thought it was for a real product, so did some quick research. Weird as it may seem, this is a real wine.
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=2127180

Regards,

John Kettler

A true life horror story! Feel so sorry for this young woman and can but hope she utterly exhausted any possible bad luck forever after, got excellent therapy, somehow heals and wins a string of lotteries! 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/13/girl-17-suffers-three-separate-sex-attacks-way-home-night/

Six years ago, a tee shirt company let the computer generate new versions of the WW II origin "Keep Calm" message. Not only did the computer run amok, but the idiots making the shirts apparently didn't bother to read what was on them after printing. It's also entirely possible the graphics were then inserted into the standard This also went unnoticed again by the firm, and only after numerous complaints did Amazon realize what was going on and take action! Saw the ad page on Tumblr and wasn't sure whether or not it was real. It was. No word on sales figures before Amazon belatedly shut things down.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/mar/02/amazon-withdraws-rape-slogan-shirt

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:05 AM, John Kettler said:

It would appear that a) impromptu anti-drone measures by the residents are alarmingly effective and that b) the drones are being operated at ridiculously low flight altitude, by the owning police department.

0ee9697c6add6738c0367f7a34e3464d5d2c4979

Regards,

John Kettler

Now that, is the proper attitude.

General Jack Ripper,

Speaking from the perspective of someone who did "Duck and cover" drills (terrifying to a kid who understood nukes and that if war came, it would be goodbye, since near Luke AFB, which had BUIC (Backup Interceptor control for the entire west coast)and was therefore a strategic target), that must be weird and a bit disturbing--or would be for me.

My best guess is that this police car somehow light a light post or something along those lines at immense speed, but never have I seen a car with damage of this sort. Would call it arresting!

tumblr_mzle599zVP1qzp3szo1_500.jpg

Didn't know this was possible, but here's a guy one handing an AK-47.

tumblr_omtaziwgqR1vuad0qo1_400.gif

This is quite the coincidence. Recently, I saw the Dominique Swain, Jeremy Irons, Melanie Griffith "Lolita," which featured Lana Del Rey's song of the same name. Only a few minutes ago, I found myself on a Tumblr site dedicated to her, and the site name which linked over gave no clue this was the case. And now we have this interesting marquee error also on Tumblr, but a different site, an error which I hope was fixed!

tumblr_p8voweYpb41wk0u7co1_500.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Someone who saw this GIF labeled it a failed resue, but that is incorrect. This was a successful suicide prevention initiated after every other means of talking the would-be jumper had been tried and failed. HIgh risk, but huge payoff. This occurred in Brazil, but there were no other details given on the Tumblr where I found it.

tumblr_od6la92iih1s9y3qio1_250.gif

Regards,

John Kettler

40 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

What kind of tank is this? Anyone know?

Sheridan looks like to me.

Michael

Woops, I take that back. The turret and gun definitely look like they took them off a Sheridan, but the running gear and hull ain't right. Wish we could see more of it.

Edited by Michael Emrys