The 'Never Say You've Seen It All' Thread

Machor

The item below is simply dreadful and completely fits the thread's purpose. It truly is one of those "never saw it coming" crimes. So sad! No gore.

https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/father-allegedly-beat-5-year-old-daughter-to-death-for-not-doing-homework/

On a cheerier note, there is a long history of ships sailing under a false flag, but sailing into Stanford with false sailing creds on a $500K wind is truly something novel.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/stanford-kicks-out-student-for-alleged-fake-sailing-credentials-tied-to-massive-college-admissions-scandal/

Regards,

John Kettler

Sublime,

Is there a prize, or does it simply lie in the experience? In any event, I found this newly released article. It offers an insight-producing look at the builders of Stonehenge, the movement of Neolithic groups over vast distances, and the change in the very nature of civilization in not yet named England.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/dna-reveals-origin-of-stonehenge-builders/ar-BBVZlcw?ocid=sf

A vessel called Blue Marlin brought the badly damaged USS Cole Home, and it can carry an entire GOPLAT, but look at its barge load.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2158305/Thats-load-ships-The-carrier-boat-hold-22-barges--oil-rig--back.html

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Andy,

Am no fan of the FDA given its history (check out GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) for starters), but if ever raising the alarm was needed over something in its bailiwick, it's what you posted.

On a lighter note, rather than face her outraged parents after being caught in the act, they eloped!

tumblr_o1kq4fgbEV1tojh0do1_1280.gif

Possible employability issue?

tumblr_mmccnvi7YK1s2ee6no1_1280.jpg

I suppose this was inevitable, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Pink pistols were hard enough to stomach.

tumblr_nyqn9dkS2d1upeg8jo1_1280.jpg

If you thought Cabbage Patch dolls were out there, get of load of these heads! Am now positively nostalgic over the former.

tumblr_pkwqesqADD1wtnxg1_1280.png

Possible evidence the Queen's soldiers don't have enough military duties to keep them occupied? Was going to have fun with a bank heist crew description, but then I saw the Hesco barriers.

tumblr_m26eievXx41qh3h2fo1_1280.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Here's an excellent argument in favor of carefully rethinking having creatures in your music video. Had she been a bit closer, this could've been pretty dire and quickly, especially if it elected to pursue her, for they are very fast.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/e27589fae1123f27caa210ae3fe89ee6/tumblr_p38tix8GAp1w7u8nmo1_1280.gif

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Time for some major art history weirdness. The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hieronymus Bosch is a truly out there piece, but it contains within it something stranger. Would you believe music? 

Here is a detail from the painting, showing the backside of some fellow whose rear has music on it.

tumblr_inline_oluvf4vh1L1s232zw_1280.png

Turns out that's real music, and here it is. 

Regards,

John Kettler

15 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Turns out that's real music, and here it is. 

Rather nice piece of music. Who would have guessed Bosch was up to that?

BTW, as an irrelevant aside (if this isn't the proper thread for such, I don't know what is), I once served as a paid extra on a Movie called Rose Garden that was inspired by the works of Bosch, a frame from which with me in it once appeared in Playboy magazine. My 15 seconds of fame, I suppose.

Michael

Michael Emrys,

Don't know how many degrees of separation we should count that as, but considering the enormous numbers of movies made since, a most singular thing you were involved in that particular work. Was in "Viva Evil Knievel!" myself as an extra, but didn't make the crowd shot, probably because my sky blue leisure suit (they told us to dress up) was a neon sign in the bleachers where everyone else, beaten down by the sun in prior days of shooting, was in t=shirts, shorts and sandals, all seemingly in the brown and tan color range, too.

Regards,

John Kettler

Fabulous example of fawning celeb fashion coverage. How to be stylish hot young female star? Wear a t-shirt with a Dickies logo to dinner!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6949637/Game-Thrones-star-Sophie-Turner-heads-dinner-fianc-Joe-Jonas-pals.html

This is really something, but you'll have to look it up, since there's some chance the Mods might not like the pics.

Great white shark chokes to death on a sea turtle: 4,500-pound beast is found tangled in netting off of Japan

Finally, here is a previously unknown to me lift technique from dance. No idea who the performer is. 

tumblr_p3k6u3Trnb1wul0kco1_1280.gif

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Have heard of being obsessed with personal electronic devices, but this is in a league of its own.

tumblr_pb0nzpG71d1so15avo1_1280.jpg

If I had to guess, I'd say this is the result of a car flying off the freeway above.

tumblr_p2qntpUiZt1so15avo1_1280.jpg

Wholly unexpected! Doesn't quite have this figured out yet.

tumblr_p0vwfqHwLM1so15avo1_1280.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Andy,

Thanks!

On a disturbing note, are kids in daycare becoming feral? Never read anything like this before, and the daycare facility is denying access to the telling security video on, ahem, privacy grounds. Yeah, right. Had skin been broken, this could've been a huge deal, for the human mouth is a sea of bacteria having no business in the bloodstream.

https://abc7.com/toddler-bitten-8-times-at-day-care-parents-outraged-/5278244/

Regards,

John Kettler

This isn't a news item, but it is an electrifying demonstration of the dazzling vocal capabilities of Adam Lambert, who for ten years now has been the replacement front man for Queen following Freddie Mercury's demise. It's also a hoot as James Corden attempts to back his "I'd be a better front man" with vocals to match. He's pretty good, as I've seen before when he drove around with various bands and they sing in the car, but Adam Lambert is a singing god by comparison.

Regards,

John Kettler

If only he could sing. That was spectacular! Either or I never saw the video or somehow forgot seeing it. Is such a thing even possible? My song memory, especially with video, is pretty good despite all the, ahem, brain delights. Here's Adam Lambert in concert with Queen in 2015 doing the same song.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler