The 'Never Say You've Seen It All' Thread

Machor

It would take only a whiff of change in regime views to land this guy, with his powerful statement art, in deep trouble. It's originally from a site called Sixpencee.

tumblr_nztygxZX531s1vn29o1_500.png

A Chinese artist nicknamed Brother Nut, made a brick out of dust he collected from the smog in Beijing in the past 100 days

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Incompetence, or did the negative get reversed before printing? Feel as though I should know who these actresses are. Grew up watching lots of old movies.

tumblr_ltpxb7i2FO1qe1ijgo1_1280.jpg

Equal opportunity high heels--dangerous to us and the wearer! May need therapy after seeing these.

tumblr_oqf0n0Ttr31wpdbyfo1_1280.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Oh, the fun I missed out from the Silent Era of film! This sequence suggests some women don't scare easily. My guesstimate is 1920s for this one. Is that Mary Pickford? Skeleton teamwork is clearly deficient.

tumblr_ozhajeuful1vbghcjo1_1280.gif

This is likely more recent, but as you can see, the encounter can easily go the other way. Wonder if Ray Harryhausen did the skeleton stop motion?

tumblr_inline_nw6fisPDW41si04o8_500.gif

This is the very definition of making an entrance. Believe that's Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. And remember of this celebrated dance duo: "Everything Fred Astaire did forward, Ginger Rogers did backwards and in heels."

tumblr_inline_o4187dAs4W1snlebd_500.gif

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

18 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Believe that's Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.

No, I think it's Fred McMurray. I can't make out the woman's identity, but I'm very confident that it isn't Ginger Rogers. BTW, that slide was beautifully done, and if not carefully executed could have done serious damage to his knee.

Michael

MIchael Emrys,

Upon review, I concur as to former and don't know regarding latter. In the photo of the three actresses, I think that may be Rosalind Russell in the middle.

As for the RMS Titanic, found these.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2012-04-10-ct-met-trice-titanic-0409-20120409-story.html

This is a statistical treasure trove, but after a quick read, I still can't answer the meme's assertions directly.

http://www.icyousee.org/titanic.html

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Lets all be honest its not Howard Hughes. We've just lost our way.

Teams of a/c designers designing a bra, noseart not allowed anymore, no more trophies off enemy troops..  We're a different nation now and in mamy ways not for the better. Many tendencies or things we're doing almost seem to promote something thats becoming a problem in developed countries - lack of children being born.  Or we want our military to also be cops and social workers and also killers - but POLITE killers! It has to be nice!!

Crazy.  And no I dont think the people in or the other large group have got it right at all.  One group reminds me of the early Nazis quite a bit and way before many other people started saying that on TV, (and Im being soo generous here.  The Nazis who were almost as a rule incompetent politicians etc were Im almost certain much more capable than the people doing slideshows with Ronnie Reagan riding a velociraptor..  The other group? A bunch of feckless idiots running around in circles.

Ugh.

danfrodo,

Can't say, but I believe you'll be happier. Simply adorable!

Today's offering comes with a question. Smart for Spec Ops or wretched excess? To me, the one on the right seems insane, for imagine the disaster from torquing force on the front end of that magazine. Compared to that, the one on the left is a veritable model of solidity and might make sense, but would also prevent firing prone. The center one, provided it can be handled effectively, looks like it would be handy to have in a situation with lots of bad guys.

tumblr_phn9dyyduC1vwuset_1280.jpg

For those who wonder why some homes require you to first remove your shoes before entering, here's the reason! 

tumblr_lqttrnI5BN1qd0knjo1_r1_1280.jpg

Love this!

tumblr_inline_pnxw7pG3LM1v6q8wn_1280.jpg

This rocks, but I might use it for wargame design!

tumblr_inline_pnxw7rNNbO1v6q8wn_1280.jpg

Beauty break.
tumblr_pbkp31HUAj1wwb2aso2_1280.gif
Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

This isn't some shocking or bizarre news item. Instead, it's an information resource for researchers, people trying to see where they once lived, historians of rural America and more. Would be willing to bet a bunch of military posts, bases and such are there, too, many long gone. Catalog is over 1 M pics. It's called vintageaerial and has the usual URL ending.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler