The 'Never Say You've Seen It All' Thread

Machor

• 2 weeks later...

Erwin,

Are you sure that's not a German cat trained to subtly interfere with enemy soldiery? Meanwhile, here's what you get with a REALLY tight transport budget.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214578830437499&set=gm.2194140990802092&type=3&eid=ARAZHa8lPrM5GP5iAijjZ2DP8mytN3C4Eda8fs96S3NPiaPGxU4-g52Yg_A1KdY-RpCRBZ6Vs8-t63jz&ifg=1

Regards,

John Kettler

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, Michael Emrys said:

How the hell could you get suspended for wearing a banana suit? This needs a link.

Michael

Generally speaking, running onto a sports field during game time will get you arrested. That being said, a school prank carried out at a school field, during a school game, is completely harmless. I think the school administrators need to take a chill pill, and grow a sense of humor.

"Warp speed Mr. Button!"

"Will do..."⚡:o

Insane. The opposite of being a coward. I once saw a test run (can't remember which track) when they had put eye tracking hardware on the driver's helmet and put the recording as an overlay on the onboard camera. It was really interesting to see that the driver looks as far ahead as possible and always at the exact apex of the next turn. Never really bothering to look at F1 itself.

21 hours ago, rocketman said:

"Warp speed Mr. Button!"

"Will do..."⚡:o

Insane. The opposite of being a coward. I once saw a test run (can't remember which track) when they had put eye tracking hardware on the driver's helmet and put the recording as an overlay on the onboard camera. It was really interesting to see that the driver looks as far ahead as possible and always at the exact apex of the next turn. Never really bothering to look at F1 itself.

I took a driver safety training course with At&t way back in the 80s and that was the intructors advice. You should always be looking as far ahead as visibility allows (while also constantly checking all your mirrors). It was an interesting class that also taught braking is the last thing to do to avoid an accident. When you brake you have given up control of the vehicle.  It ended up saving my life in avoiding a head on collision on the GW parkway in Virginia a few years later. 

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Another automotive one, from my part of the world:

A few years back I was tooling down my street when I noticed three or four Morgans parked outside a bed & breakfast a few blocks from my home. Now, this is not a big town, so to see one would have been an event, and to see a bunch of them at once is sort of a stop-the-presses kind of event. So I paused and had a chat with some of the guys standing around the cars. Turned out that it was a Morgan owners club get together at the inn.

It put me in mind of when back about 45 years ago I witnessed an even rarer event. I was strolling along the road near where I lived in the Santa Cruz Mountains and had just reached the point where it intersects Skyline Drive and there is a wide spot where cars could pull over. And as it happened, at that moment two Mogs (only the truly cognoscenti will know what I am talking about) pulled up and began to discuss their next move I suppose. Each vehicle carried a couple in proper Edwardian motoring costume who obviously took their hobby quite seriously. I stopped while they were there to observe and admire them. After they drove off and were gone, I felt as if I were stepping back out of the looking glass and had been touched by a kind of magic.

Michael