The 'Never Say You've Seen It All' Thread

Machor

Gagged over the price of the Squadron Haunebu II but felt a lot better after seeing the video. Didn't know it existed at all until after I saw a full page color ad in Fine Scale Modeler for a Lufthansa conversion kit, complete with gate for Tempelhof! In an even worse modeling disaster than the BA-64 fiasco, I tried making a H using as its basis the Testor's "Sport Model." My fabrication efforts for the tower were risible, despite a ton of effort on my part. Amazon has all sorts of interesting models, including an H II by Pegasus in the far more manageable, as far as storage, 1:144 scale.

Regards,

John Kettler

HIlarious.  So once again political correctness strikes.

Presumably the feature that upset "someone, somewhere" is that it has a Swastika on it.  

We're basically saying that these days people are so stupid/uneducated that they would think that a StarWars-type toy was based on a real thing.  If people are that dumb then they wouldn't care who the Nazis were or that the Germans had "superior technology".   All this fuss has done is provide a huge amount of free advertising for this model (regardless of who is the manufacturer).  If it wasn't selling like hot cakes b4, it is now.    You have to laugh...

BTW: What did the saucer use for Propulsion?  And did the Nazis invent Deflector technology?

Edited by Erwin

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

HIlarious.  So once again political correctness strikes.

Presumably the feature that upset "someone, somewhere" is that it has a Swastika on it.  

We're basically saying that these days people are so stupid/uneducated that they would think that a StarWars-type toy was based on a real thing.  If people are that dumb then they wouldn't care who the Nazis were or that the Germans had "superior technology".   All this fuss has done is provide a huge amount of free advertising for this model (regardless of who is the manufacturer).  If it wasn't selling like hot cakes b4, it is now.    You have to laugh...

BTW: What did the saucer use for Propulsion?  And did the Nazis invent Deflector technology?

I used to find the whitewashing of world war history to be innocent and amusing, now I am starting to find that people actually believe it. 

Gravitic drive that runs on Element Zero, apparently. What puzzles me is what exactly it was meant to do? Was it supposed to be some sort of AA defense? An airborne bunker?

Hey, don't blame me.....I only buy sensible subjects, like this:

topol-ss-25-sickle,rev-03303,k3djZatnlKi

Whatever possessed me?  God only knows where I will put it!  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, IanL said:

LOL truly bizarre.

Dude, you really ain't seen nothing yet.....Trust me, some of the stuff that is out there (it's really out there)!  :o

From the only moderately insane:

0003809_wwii-german-landcruiser-p1000-ra

http://www.modelcollect.com/wwii-german-landcruiser-p1000-ratte

To the full on barking:

0004624_fist-of-war-german-wwii-e-100-su

http://www.modelcollect.com/fist-of-war-german-wwii-e-100-supper-heavy-tank-nothung

Frankly I reckon all this stuff is a waste of moulding capacity.....Especially when there still isn't an accurate 1/72 Panther Ausf A.  :mellow:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Whatever possessed me?  God only knows where I will put it!  :rolleyes:

World's biggest dildo/vibrator...?   

Anyway, it's convincing re Nazis having superior tech.  There is so much evidence in the preceding pics that some of it must be true, right?

Edited by Erwin

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, Erwin said:

Also, John it would be great if you could post links that do not require us to watch a 30 second commercial first.  Life is too short...  Thanks...

Good sir, adblock is a wonderful tool that enables one to surf the interwebs without such headaches.
You can pick and choose who gets your advertising dollars, or block everyone, and everything.

I didn't see any swastika on the Haunebu II, just the usual Balkankreuz, There was a Ratte design for an insanely large tank, but the E100 shown is clearly the product of some knowledge of the real one (the turret), coupled with vast amounts of powerful drugs, say, magic mushrooms, etc. The scary part is that many purchasers of the latter model won't know just how off the design really is.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Believe it or not, this came from Admin Louise Bollevin  of the Paranormal and Ghost FB group, but it's really fascinating military history wholly new to me. The Chinese, as in so many other fields of military invention going back through time, may've been the inventors of the suicide vest. There isn't a lot out there in English, that I've seen, on Sino-Japanese conflict at this level, and is it juicy!

(Fair Use)

DARE TO DIE CORPS , WW2 CHINA , The battle involved a Japanese plan to conquer Xuzhou, a major city in the East. However, the Japanese failed to consider the plans of generals Li Zongren and Bai Chongxi, who planned to encircle the Japanese in the town of Tai'erzhuang. The Japanese operation started on 24 March. Overconfidence led the Japanese commanders to overlook the thousands of inconspicuous "farmers" in the area, who were affiliated with Li Zongren and cut communication lines and supplies, diverted streams, and ruined rail lines. By late March, supplies and fuels were being dropped from airplanes to Japanese troops, but the quantities were insufficient.

On 29 March 1938, a small band of Japanese soldiers tunneled under Tai'erzhuang's walls in an attempt to take the city from within. They were caught by the Nationalist defenders and killed. Over the next week, both sides claimed to hold parts of the city and surrounding area, and many were killed in small arms battles.

Finally, the Japanese attacked frontally, failing to consider the greater Chinese numbers. A major encirclement on 6 April, with Chinese reinforcements, preceded a major Japanese defeat and retreat, which the Chinese failed to capitalize upon fully through pursuit due to a lack of mobility.

The Chinese captured 719 Japanese soldiers and large quantities of military supplies, including 31 pieces of artillery, 11 armored cars, 8 armored fighting vehicles, 1,000 machine guns and 10,000 rifles.

A "dare to die corps" was effectively used against Japanese units.

Chinese suicide bomber putting on an explosive vest made out of Model 24 hand grenades to use in an attack on Japanese tanks

Due to lack of anti-armor weaponry, Suicide bombing was also used against the Japanese. Chinese troops strapped explosives like grenade packs or dynamite to their bodies and threw themselves under Japanese tanks to blow them up. Dynamite and grenades were strapped on by Chinese troops who rushed at Japanese tanks and blew themselves up. During one incident at Taierzhuang, Chinese suicide bombers obliterated four Japanese tanks with grenade bundles.

Amid the celebrations of the victory in Hankow and other Chinese cities, Japan tried to deny and ridiculed the reports of the battle for days. It was reported in the world's newspapers, however, and by mid-April had provoked a Cabinet crisis in Tokyo.

The Chinese scored a major victory, the first of the Nationalist alliance in the war. The battle broke the myth of Japanese military invincibility and resulted in an incalculable benefit to Chinese morale.

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor
Image may contain: 1 person, hat and outdoor

Regards,

John Kettler

• 2 weeks later...

"For gaming disorder to be diagnosed, the behaviour pattern must be of sufficient severity to result in significant impairment in personal, family, social, educational, occupational or other important areas of functioning and would normally have been evident for at least 12 months."

Don't understand...   I thought that "...personal, family, social, educational, occupational... functioning" is what gaming is all about.   :wacko:   

• 4 weeks later...