The 'Never Say You've Seen It All' Thread

Machor

By sheer happenstance I came across a YT video I dare not link to called Top 10 People Getting TRIGGERED. It is extremely NSFW on the language front, but at 9:47 there is a  tirade which, were it in a film, would absolutely rate an Academy Award. See what you think and get back to me. I think method actors would lose their minds to act this scene as the outraged person.

Regards,

John Kettler

Andy,

A bit of frayed nerves or maybe fun at the Belarus desk at DIA. Back when, that would certainly have commanded my attention as a Soviet Threat Analyst. What a nasty toy for Belarus SOF and, by extension, Russian SOF! Take a few behind enemy lines and cause wholesale havoc without exposing anyone directly! Strong argument for drone countermeasures.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

It's interesting from a sociological POV to see how the British style of marching has been taken to a ludicrous extreme for ceremonial purposes over the years. 

It helps one understand how some of the silly things we do today and take for granted as "traditional" derived from something that once made some sort of sense, but have been transformed over the years.  (eg saluting, and religious or other ceremonies.)

Presumably the weird headgear date back to Alexander the Great Greek helmet headgear(?)

Edited by Erwin

Erwin,

What do you make of Russians goose stepping? My vague recollection is that the Russians modeled the Tsarist (?) army on the Germans, who were thought of as the sine qua non military, so that's how it came to be. As for the headgear, to me, it reads India and a reimagined coxcomb. Now for a pic!

Am not at all sure what I'm looking at here, though my suspicions run to some amalgamation of several electromechanical devices, but it reads steam punk. The woman's name is Vicky Dugan--for those able to tear their eyes away from the marvelous contraption on the table!

tumblr_odpv13yb581srki0io1_1280.jpg 

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

1 hour ago, John Kettler said:

What do you make of Russians goose stepping? My vague recollection is that the Russians modeled the Tsarist (?) army on the Germans, who were thought of as the sine qua non military, so that's how it came to be. As for the headgear, to me, it reads India and a reimagined coxcomb

Brit Army used to be big on raising the leg for a hard and loud stamp down - see the Guards changing at Buck Palace.  IIRC it actually could cause leg injuries.  Seems the Pak and Indians have taken this to an extreme high kick "silly walks" ceremonial style. 

It's possible the headgear is based on chickens.  But, unless there is evidence to support the cock theory, my first thought was the Alexander the Great era Greek headgear (later copied by the Romans).

Believe this thing should be called a Face Plant Inducer, for that's the thought about it which immediately came to mind when I first saw the scary ingenious exercise device. Imagine if you could put solid metal spheres of various weights in the far end of that thing and work up from what you see to, say, a shot put ball. What fantastic condition you'd be in from doing that!

tumblr_inline_p7fxbphu7d1u6fodn_1280.gif

Look! They just bought their first furniture set together and invited close friends over to show it off. 

tumblr_inline_pb81fsOa7q1qf22s7_1280.jpg

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Erwin,

Those aren't dolls in the sense you'd think of. The doll is high fashion model in a presumably expensive shoot designed to convey that idea. Have found some nine more such "dolls" on Tumblr, and blown up images of individual ones make it clear these are real women. As for Marilyn Monroe, if she was that underwhelming, why has she been copied who knows how many times by modern women desperate to have her allure and looks? There are pics of her back when she was Norma Jean, and even pre-Hollywood, as a wholesome American girl, she commanded a calendar feature shot. She wasn't plastic, even after Hollywood glammed her up. 

Michael Emrys,

A worthy research project if ever I heard of one!  You should submit a research grant proposal forthwith. Title could be: A Morphological Assessment of the Gluteal Proportions of V. Dugan As Measured Against Heterosexual Male Standards for the Callipygous Heterosexual Female Then, and in the Succeeding Decades, with a Foreword by Sir Mixalot. Looks like a slam dunk to me! Now, where should you submit it?

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

This child appeared in a Tumblr piece in a list of black child prodigies, and I was blown away by what he's done so far, never mind where he's going!

Carson Huey-You

tumblr_inline_ok0qhbEyf11t0jnq1_540.jpg

The 11-year-old is the youngest student ever to attend Texas Christian University. Carson, who plans to become a quantum physicist, is taking calculus, physics, history and religion in his first semester. Given that he was devouring chapter books by age 2 and attending high school by age 5, the boy genius might reach his goal of attaining a doctorate degree before age 20.

Regards,

John Kettler