Machor

The 'Never Say You've Seen It All' Thread

Posted (edited)

Good find, General...  Sad that this now has to be taught to modern emasculated youngsters to help make em proud of their heritage.

Serious issues.

Edited by Erwin

Art embodies mankind's aspiration to become greater than ourselves.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:53 AM, Erwin said:

Good find, General...  Sad that this now has to be taught to modern emasculated youngsters to help make em proud of their heritage.

Aside from that, I think our civilization has lost it's appreciation for art, or at least any art that cannot be presented in a YouTube video.

For example:

"Have their minds furnished with beauty for the remainder of their lives," is one of the most profound arguments in favor of a classical education, and the appreciation of art.

Peter Hitchens might just be the saddest man in the world. I want to meet him someday and give him a hug.

Edited by General Jack Ripper

Okay if we are gonna talk culture, art and appreciating all of what humanity creates, then we just gotta note today.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/respect-remembering-aretha-franklins-10-greatest-performances-151105315.html

And just in case you doubt her, the one video not working in that link is her stepping in for Pavarotti when he fell ill performing Nessun Dorma.  She is part of our American culture.  Not black, not white, but American.  Rest in Peace Aretha.

Edited by sburke

So sad.  Didn't even see that reported even tho' I watch CNN, MSNBC and FOX.  I musta missed the 5 second announcement. Good grief, what happened to "news" reporting..

Edited by Erwin

Love this sort of "Private Eye" type article!

Tadamichi Yamamoto, the head of the UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan, said “Just 10 years ago, this province was a humanitarian disaster area,” he told assembled reporters haling from as far away as Iran, Pakistan and Norway at a press conference. “Girls studying in schools were being massacred. Local tribal leaders were shamelessly stealing international aid as it flowed in. Now there are no girls schools and no one is really sending any aid to steal...  its really an overall net plus.”