The 'Never Say You've Seen It All' Thread

Machor

Here's news that should cheer up some of us: ;)

"Japanese police arrest 74-year-old ninja thief suspect"

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41750080

"Japanese police say they have finally caught a prolific thief who dressed as a ninja to carry out raids - and were surprised to find he was 74.
After his usually covered face was caught on a security camera this year, he was put under surveillance which led to his arrest in July.
Police now believe he is the so-called "Ninja of Heisei", thought to have carried out more than 250 break-ins.
He has been charged with thefts worth 30m yen ($260,000; £200,000).
Police had been baffled by a series of burglaries over eight years carried out by a suspect wearing black, assuming they had been carried out by someone younger.
Investigators observed the suspect, whom they say seemed little different from most elderly men, during the day.
But they say he then went into an abandoned building and changed clothes before waiting until it got dark to steal.
"He was dressed all in black just like a ninja," a senior official in the western Japanese city of Osaka said.
Police said the thief displayed great physical ability, running effortlessly on top of walls instead of taking the streets.
After his arrest, the man was quoted as saying: "If I were younger, I wouldn't have been caught. I'll quit now as I'm 74 and old enough.""

Image%202017-11-05%20at%209.52.50%20am.p

Wokingham school Bonfire Night sets 'German battleship' alight

A school in Berkshire has held a Bonfire Night with a difference  by setting alight a replica of a Nazi battleship.

Groundsman Steve Holland at Luckley House School in Wokingham, Berkshire, built a smaller version of the Admiral Graf Spee, which served with the Kriegsmarine of Nazi Germany during World War Two.

The burning of the replica recreates the fate of the real ship, which was badly damaged and set alight by the Germans while being deliberately sunk.

2 hours ago, SLIM said:

I already saw someone get a botfly dug out of their skull.

Yeah, but this is like, 39!

@Sgt.Squarehead: Seen that years ago. And yeah, they are disgusting, nasty little b******s, as well. Glad I live in Maine, the moose are too big to get under your skin.

Mord.

@Sgt.Squarehead: That's one of the reasons they reinstated moose hunting up here back in the mid 80s or so. The car vs moose incidents were increasing so they lifted the moratorium on hunting. Least that's how I remember it.  There's a lottery every year, I think they give out 1000 licenses. My brother shot one back around 87 (I think it was). I didn't get to try it though, I was living in Maryland at the time. I saw a bull up in Rangely one time that had a rack as wide as my brother's pick was long. The bad boy was so huge that he could've put a hoof into the bed of the truck just by taking a step. HUUUUGE!

Here's another reason I am glad I am here/moved back. I went with my buddy the other day to look at some tires some dude was selling on facebook. This was the guy's neighborhood. This is about 45 minutes west of us.

Left hand side of the road.

River.jpg

River2.jpg

About four hundred yards up, on the right hand side of the road.

Bog.jpg

Bog2.jpg

I think there's some Russian infantry hiding in the wood line on the back edge of that bog.

I get to see stuff like this all the time.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

There were only about three houses that were visible on that road, and they were at the beginning.

You guys have some awesome villages and such over there. Pretty country. We've got some pretty remote areas here. Up Aroostook County, the Allagash, you are talking WOODS. There's all kinds of spots here you can hit and not see another person. Maine is the place. We have mountains, lakes, an ocean, and even a little desert. I can be in the city and 20 minutes later out in the country.

My goal up here is to find me about 4 to 10 acres and build me a small home, something big enough to house my books, and with a nice fire place. I want quiet, I want peace, and I want solitude. I am looking for my place to die. By that, I mean the spot I am going to live out the rest of my years on.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

59 minutes ago, Mord said:

My goal up here is to find me about 4 to 10 acres and build me a small home, something big enough to house my books, and with a nice fire place. I want quiet, I want peace, and I want solitude. I am looking for my place to die. By that, I mean the spot I am going to live out the rest of my years on.

Amen to that brother, considering similar, likely in Canada.  B)

Nice. Are you in California or on the East Coast now?

4 hours ago, SLIM said:

Winter is Coming.

Yeah, you ain't kidding. It's gettin' down to 19 tonight and the wind is still a blowin' and I haven't fully winterized the bunker!

Mord.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:43 PM, Mord said:

Nice. Are you in California or on the East Coast now?

Yeah, you ain't kidding. It's gettin' down to 19 tonight and the wind is still a blowin' and I haven't fully winterized the bunker!

Mord.

New Hampshire raised, been back for the last six years.
That's lake Winnisquam in the picture.

Holding off the window insulation 'til the last minute, eh?
We've already had to turn on the heat.