On map indirect fire?

Correct as @Raptorx7 says.  On map mortars can engage their tubes with direct fire on targets they can spot in addition to being available as on-call artillery via the artillery window.  Use the "target command" line-of-sight tool to place rounds directly by the mortar units.  The artillery window works for them if, and only if, they are in communication with the FO/Officer calling for fires.  You see that as "in" (green) or "out" (red) of contact in the artillery window.  A good technique is to leave a radio operator with the mortar section so that artillery window fires can be called as well.

Edited by Badger73

panzermartin,

Thanks in part to larger maps and elevation covering part of what mortars do, weapons such as the leIG 18 can be on map and still conduct indirect fire. I don't recall the details of the procedures offhand, but I can say I pushed hard for the sIG 33, also short ranged and able to fire at very high elevation. Other weapons may also be able to do this.

Regards,

John Kettler