CM games I'd like to see

Scipio

3 hours ago, Heinrich505 said:

I second the motion.  Bring on the Space Lobsters of Doom!!!

Hey, we've already got all the tanks and artillery we need, all we need is Charles' nightmare vision of a giant space lobster, with laser claws and lightning antennae!

Given how good he is at main battle tanks, a giant evil space lobster would be absolutely terrifying.

3 hours ago, Heinrich505 said:

Oh, and no, I didn't see it when it first came out in 1953... :o

You know, I had that thought for a split second... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for just about anything that they'll produce, but would actually like a setting which would force me to read up about conflicts/battles I don't know much about now. I have always liked CM being a vehicle for history lessons. Korea is definitely a war I know zilch about and it seems like an interesting blend between modern and WWII equipment.

2 minutes ago, rocketman said:

it seems like an interesting blend between modern and WWII equipment

Nah, as far as ground warfare is concerned, Korea IS WW2 equipment.

My suggestion for the 'interesting' blend is Arab-Israeli wars, especially 1967.

Obviously the rest of the East front. Late war WW1 could be cool, then again the size of the scenarios and amount of units used any period of WW1 would be fine. Straightening the line and trench raids would work fantastically at any point in WW1, then Gallipoli would be great aswell. So thinking about it the engine would work well for any WW1 period. Only when you start getting to operational scale and higher can it become an issue with regards to static warfare. There is enough information out there to create thousands of WW1 scenarios from all stages of the War. This sort of scale is fine for WW1.

On 10/9/2016 at 4:16 AM, SLIM said:

Hey, we've already got all the tanks and artillery we need, all we need is Charles' nightmare vision of a giant space lobster, with laser claws and lightning antennae!

Forget space lobsters, let's get some of these guys....

daleks2.jpg

I just wish they would make some game announcements. Each game release is preceded by an announcement 3 months before. So, by applying causal logic: to increase customer satisfaction and profits, the wise thing for Battlefront to do, would be to announce a lot of titles today (since yesterday is not possible), perhaps all the proposed titles in this thread. Then we will be able to play them 3 months from now in the coming new year.

... don't forget the sontarins, Sontar Huh?

But no, well for me I'd be all for the Reagan years cold war battle, simply because it would feature great weapon systems that were never trialed in real life on a large scale The Leopard 1's, oh and the mystical T-80 protos. Its way before  counter measures and since I was big fan of SSI's Mech brigade which followed Kampfgruppe, so yeah bring it I say.

1 minute ago, Copper said:

1942 Greece and Yugoslavia

Did you mean 1941? There wasn't much happening in '42 except guerilla and anti-guerilla actions and even those were pretty sparse. But aside from that, 1941 might be a reasonably good choice except that the fighting might be pretty lop sided. The Germans and their allies ran through Yugoslavia and Greece like a dose of salts.

Michael

The first part of the invasion of Greece by Italy was not one-sided.  Well, the Italians mostly got their butts kicked - also in early NA actions of course.

Then there are the paradrops on Crete that were a close run thing.  Surely there was some opposition by the Brits and Greeks on the mainland as well?

15 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Did you mean 1941? There wasn't much happening in '42 except guerilla and anti-guerilla actions and even those were pretty sparse. But aside from that, 1941 might be a reasonably good choice except that the fighting might be pretty lop sided. The Germans and their allies ran through Yugoslavia and Greece like a dose of salts.

Michael

yet, nazis launched few offensives on partisans

fall '41 80k v 20k   first major counter-insurgency operation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Uzice

winter '43 90k v 20k  a combined Axis strategic offensive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_White

summer '43 130k vs 20k  a joint attack by the Axis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Black

spring '44 20k vs 17k a combined airborne and ground assault 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rösselsprung_(1944)

These are just  few examples, however I don't claim it should be in CM (although I'd love it and it would be deserved), since I don't think people are really interested in these parts of the world. Anyway, combined with Greece theatre it would be awesome as you'd have everything from SS Divisions, Wehrmacht, Italians, Bulgarians, Greek and Yugo partisans and various other local nazi supporters. Reall interesting mesh of troops and terrain and equipment.