campaign editor?

I really love these battlefront games overall.  Been playing for a few months.   I am wondering how can I edit the campaign battles?   I am really sick of the too-strict (for me) time limits on everything and I want to give myself a little more time.  I do this all the time in scenarios.  Anyone know how to do this in campaigns? 

There is a great tool by Mad Mike over on CMMODs that'll let you extract the campaign missions individually. You could then edit the time (or whatever else you want) and play it as a single mission.

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=229

think you could also pack the edited mission back into the campaign, and still have all the campaign added functionality, but that part I am less sure of.... At a minimum, the tool gets you several dozen more individual missions.

Just one minor correction .. the latest version 1.9 of ScAnCaDe can be downloaded from the link in my signature. ;)

Also, extracted single battles can be re-arranged into a campaign file (after adjustments have been made). This requires some manual work, especially writing the campaign "compile" script with the information provided by the ScAnCaDe XML output. But it is definitely do-able.

Edited by Mad Mike
typo

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/12/2017 at 3:03 PM, Bulletpoint said:

Did you play the Scottish Corridor campaign? In that one, if you lose scenarios you get much more time in the following ones (3 hours for each battle I think).

The campaign is tough though.

I've played this campaign twice. And lost both times. So I used Mad Mike's campaign editor to unpack the bonus mission, and proceeded to lose that as well. All good fun though.

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I've played this campaign twice. And lost both times. So I used Mad Mike's campaign editor to unpack the bonus mission, and proceeded to lose that as well. All good fun though.

Really like the idea of allowing extra time for future missions if you lose one.  Sounds easy for the designer to implement.  The alternative is to strengthen the player's forces or weaken the enemy's in future missions which must be much more work to implement.

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I've played this campaign twice. And lost both times. So I used Mad Mike's campaign editor to unpack the bonus mission, and proceeded to lose that as well.

You deserve it for changing your profile pic and screwing with my reality.

Mord.

On 25.9.2016 at 2:34 PM, Mad Mike said:

Just one minor correction .. the latest version 1.9 of ScAnCaDe can be downloaded from the link in my signature. ;)

Also, extracted single battles can be re-arranged into a campaign file (after adjustments have been made). This requires some manual work, especially writing the campaign "compile" script with the information provided by the ScAnCaDe XML output. But it is definitely do-able.

Used your sources among other things to make an editor, you can add scenarios to a campaign with copy and paste and remove them. It produces campaign scripts if you want. You can change some campaign settings... . https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9sroq6vhlm3fza6/AADPnV9WTXH9ifqpAw6Slszea?dl=0. I wrote it in C++ by the way. Could add further things if I would know how the decoding of some data blocks works.

mumumba@gmx.de

Edited by Steinfisch

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Royalist pique at its very finest!  ;)

Well if it hadn't been for that stupid boy of mine, Tumbledown Dick, being so useless. Charlie Stewart Jnr, who never have come back to England, and had me body dug up, and me napper put on a spike. Grrrrr...

Edited by Warts 'n' all