Minimum Quick Battle Map Requirements

glilley

I have all these medium, large and huge size CMRT scenario maps that I can mod to make more QB maps. I know you can just drop a scenario map into the Quick Battle folder and it will be used to support QBs, but I know I can get, say, 4-5 tiny-small maps out of one huge map. After I have removed setup zones and terrain objectives I believe that, at a minimum, the only things needed to turn a modified scenario map into a QB map is to add new setup zones and terrain objectives for each side and this seems to work fine. Are there any other items that I am missing? I ask because I modded one map like this but when used in a QB-meeting engagement battle the AI side just sits there and makes no move towards its terrain objective. Thanks all!   Gene

21 hours ago, glilley said:

I have all these medium, large and huge size CMRT scenario maps that I can mod to make more QB maps. I know you can just drop a scenario map into the Quick Battle folder and it will be used to support QBs, but I know I can get, say, 4-5 tiny-small maps out of one huge map. After I have removed setup zones and terrain objectives I believe that, at a minimum, the only things needed to turn a modified scenario map into a QB map is to add new setup zones and terrain objectives for each side and this seems to work fine. Are there any other items that I am missing? I ask because I modded one map like this but when used in a QB-meeting engagement battle the AI side just sits there and makes no move towards its terrain objective. Thanks all!   Gene

This is not correct sir. There are important scenario editor steps to take before a regular scenario map will function properly as a QB. I recommend you try to reverse engineer a small probe QB and take notes on set up zones, file naming, all data settings and the AI plans in detail. Good luck.