Russia will convert all T-90As to T-90AMs as a less costly alternative to Armata

6 hours ago, antaress73 said:

Listen to the video that John Kettler posted. They clearly say the MOD announced they would upgrade all T-90as to T-90AM standard.

So there are no direct quotes in the articles you've linked in the OP.

What the woman says in the video is wrong (who is she anyways, and why is she bothered with Russian tanks?). You should check your sources before posting stuff.

11 hours ago, VladimirTarasov said:

Are there any plans for the B3M? I cant find anything recent about any plans.

Why does it matter? It's still rubbish.

Edited by L0ckAndL0ad

1 hour ago, L0ckAndL0ad said:

So there are no direct quotes in the articles you've linked in the OP.

What the woman says in the video is wrong (who is she anyways, and why is she bothered with Russian tanks?). You should check your sources before posting stuff.

Why does it matter? It's still rubbish.

The video is a direct narration of the article. The woman is a narrator for southfront and is paid to read a script written by people who know about russian tanks. Maybe it's not accurate but give us something that will contradict both the article and the video.

With relikt and a panoramic sight with thermals for the commander,  It May not be the equal of western  tanks but used wisely is a capable and dangerous opponent. With numbers it could be a credible tank force.  Not totally rubbish. Crew protection ? Yeah of course it's rubbish but people die in wars. Russia is expecting mostly defense,  not offense.

2 hours ago, antaress73 said:

The video is a direct narration of the article. The woman is a narrator for southfront and is paid to read a script written by people who know about russian tanks. Maybe it's not accurate but give us something that will contradict both the article and the video.

I told you how things are on the previous page.

When you deal with this sort of things, you have to check the sources. The first article doesn't give any, and, no wonder, it's wrong. The second one does provide sources, and is mostly right, but even then, they say stuff like:

While Russia operates well over five hundred modern T-90A and T-90AM main battle tanks

which is, again, wrong.

Amateurs.

Edited by L0ckAndL0ad

3 hours ago, L0ckAndL0ad said:

I told you how things are on the previous page.

When you deal with this sort of things, you have to check the sources. The first article doesn't give any, and, no wonder, it's wrong. The second one does provide sources, and is mostly right, but even then, they say stuff like:

which is, again, wrong.

Amateurs.

Where can we get reliable info about what goes on in the Russian army ? In the game, US army is well covered but it's the Russian side of things that needs to be worked on and discussed. 

So the 150 T-72BM3s is correct then. Seems like VDV will be getting them (they seem to be more and more considering the VDV as "shock troops": superior troops but with mostly the same role as the regular army , like the Marines in the US. That's why they are giving them heavy armor.

Edited by antaress73

On 13.08.2016 at 5:34 PM, antaress73 said:

Where can we get reliable info about what goes on in the Russian army ? In the game, US army is well covered but it's the Russian side of things that needs to be worked on and discussed.

Uhm. You can't get reliable info about what goes on in the Russian *insert anything gov-related* by default. At least not in English. You can get official statements. There's quite a difference. You can get first hand accounts, but they're mostly in Russian, spread over the ru-net (obviously). And for statements in English, I dunno, english version of TASS maybe? Also eng.mil.ru. That's as official and as solid as it usually gets. I won't recommend anything else. If it does not provide sources and quotes, then it's no good, regardless of the field of study/information.

Edited by L0ckAndL0ad

On 8/11/2016 at 5:56 PM, panzersaurkrautwerfer said:

how do we know the US doesn't operate 40 foot nuclear battle robots completely in secret?

Can we get back to the 40 ft nuclear battle robots?!?

Does anyone know if they will be included in an upcoming game module for CM:BS?? ;)

Sorry...I couldn't help myself. LMAO

Edited by cbennett88

• 2 weeks later...

Long story cut short - there is/was a lot of talk of improving the T90A fleet in the same manner the T72B fleet has been upgraded to the T72B3. In my opinion this is highly probable. Also, in my opinion this upgrade program would run separately from the initial Armata procurement.

Edited by ikalugin

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw an article that says the  2016 Armata order is for an initial 100 units with the programme date now to be 2025 not 2020.

They also seem to be sticking to a requirement for 2,300 tanks, replacing the entire fleet.

Like most her The idea of 2016 entry and building 2,300 mostly by 2020... over 500 a year was always nonsense and likewise the 2,500 tank total as too high for total fleet.

So I suppose going for 7 years from 2018 to 2025 starting at 100 and building up would fit with an eventual core force of over 1,000 and possibly as many as 1,500 by the middle of the next decade, but for me that's still too high.

Given Russia's economic issues I'd guess at a top figure of 700-900 Armata by 2026-28 backed up by 1,000-1,200 upgraded T-90AM+ ( the current T-90AM and T-90A's with some new add ons from the Armata programme).

Peter.

Something is going to have to give with new super tanks, new submarines, new frigates/corvettes, a new carrier, new stealth planes, new bombers, new missiles, and upgrades to older versions of all of the same.  Factor in ongoing conflict in two theaters and oh by the way a thoroughly weakened economy and international sanctions.  Even the US in the mid 2000s would have struggled with all of that, even if you waive the costs on all things AFG/IRQ related.

Edited by Codename Duchess

Dont forget the take off from runway space bomber that can easily drop bombs from sub stratosphere edge of space on other side of world then fly safely back to Russia. 

Its funny too it costs 200k a yr to maintain Lenins body. A majority of Russians feel it should be buried. Putin refuses.

Edited by Sublime

32 minutes ago, panzersaurkrautwerfer said:

But guys!  The Armata was in a parade!  It WILL be in regular service shortly, and will destroy all HATO tonks because supreme design!

Yes, T-destroyallnatoTanks will enter service in the expected numbers at a later date. Time to roll back the sanctions now, it's starting to hurt our tanks. This is crossing the line :D  

16 hours ago, Codename Duchess said:

Something is going to have to give with new super tanks, new submarines, new frigates/corvettes, a new carrier, new stealth planes, new bombers, new missiles, and upgrades to older versions of all of the same.  Factor in ongoing conflict in two theaters and oh by the way a thoroughly weakened economy and international sanctions.  Even the US in the mid 2000s would have struggled with all of that, even if you waive the costs on all things AFG/IRQ related.

They've also had to postpone plans for biggie rockets, manned moon landings and moon bases...

Russia approves its 10-year space strategy

“This is a sizable program, but we need such large undertakings even when it is not all easy in the economy,” said the Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev at the conclusion of his cabinet meeting on Thursday, March 17, where the program got a formal approval. 

The final space budget is a shadow of its 2,315.3-billion ($56.4 billion) draft proposal circulated in the spring of 2014, before falling oil prices, the annexation of Crimea, and the resulting western sanctions sent the Russian economy into recession and forced Moscow to cut spending across the board. The very fact that the program was approved two and half months after the first year it covers had already started is evidence of tough battles the Russian space industry had to fight for each line item in the document.

Edited by Wicky