Please help - awful performance on great computer with all CMx2 games

I have quite a beefy system and I just purchased the rest of CMBN, and have the demos for CMRT, CMFB, and CMFI.

Every one  of these games, in a medium to large map with a medium (not large) amount of units becomes extremely painful to play.  Checking with both FRAPS or Mirrilis Action shows my frame rates hover between 10-20 fps.  I've seen lots of posts where people have systems much worse than mine maintaining 30 fps.  It might be my NVidia graphic options bu am not sure.  I would appreciate any help at all.  Here are my specs:

* 2 Nvidia 970's in SLI with latest drivers and standard global settings.

* Intel i7 4790k

* Asus Maximus VII Formula

* 16 Gig of high speed RAM

* Creative Labs SB Zx for sound

* Operating system on high speed SSD along with all the of the Combat Mission games

* No mods yet.  CMBN updated to the 3 module and fully patched.

With my old but trusty i7-920 overclocked to 4 Ghz and GTX 970, I can maintain 30 fps quite easily on almost all scenarios. The key for me is to set the Vertical Sync to 1/2 Refresh Rate and Vertical Sync Tear Control to Adaptive for all CMx2 games in nVidia Inspector.

That and I have the 3D Model Quality setting in CMx2 at Improved for very large scenarios or I bump it up to Better and even Excellent for medium and smaller scenarios.

I also set the Antialias/Multisample setting to On in CMx2 as that seems to give me better picture quality than using AA in nVidia Inspector.

image.gif

Edited by WallysWorld

When in the game itself for those options.  What do you have the following set to (I know games and Nvidia control panel fight for control vs. each other sometimes)?

* vertical sync 

* Tree Detail

* Shaders

Thanks so much for your help! :)

Edited by japinard