MaxWunsche

Screenshots questions

You get nothing with ALT+PRT SCREEN.  To take screen shots you will need a 3rd party program (such as FRAPS).  FRAPS routinely saves screenshots into a 'Screenshots' folder in the FRAPS directory.

8 hours ago, MaxWunsche said:

Thanks mate ...

Where are the screenshots located after ya take one ?

Read my original post again ... I can only answer for FRAPS because that is the program I use and it saves the images in a 'Screenshots' Folder in the FRAPS directory.  If you forgive the irony ... see the screenshot below:

FRAPS Screenshots Directory.jpg

I thought that within the game itself it would have a Screenshot folder whenever ya took one ... I wasn't bein' dense to you're initial response as I do not use Fraps ( though I probably should )

Thanks mate ~

Fraps can be configured to save the screen shots to a directory of your choice too.  So, if you prefer another location you can change it.  I have mine saved to a sub folder of my documents so they get stored on my expansive platter HD instead of my relatively small SSD.

On 7/6/2016 at 3:22 PM, MaxWunsche said:

1) What's the exact procedure for taking screenshots

2) Where are the screenshots located after you take them 

Just in case you are also interested in posting your screenshots on the forum.  This is how I take and post screenshots.  

Shift / esc pauses the game without the word PAUSED across the screen

Alt / I toggles off unit icons

Alt / h toggles off hit text

Alt / j toggles off objectives

Capture a screen shot with FRAPS

Save in Paint as a jpeg file

Crop if you want

Save and name

Sign in to photobucket

Click on the upload button

Navigate to the location of the photo

Drag the photo into photo bucket area that says “Drag here”

Click on IMG tag to the right of the photo

Then right click the photo and copy image

Go to the forum

Paste the photo into the narrative box

The URL will appear

Post it and the photo will appear 

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:36 PM, jmurkz said:

If you have steam, add CM as a non-steam game in the library section. Start the game from Steam, then press F12.

I do have Steam ...how is this done by the way ?

Thanks ~

Since we're giving nice lists of commands I'll add that on Mac OSX/MacOS there is no third party software required, you can do a screenshot by pressing

COMMAND+SHIFT+3

It can be configured how to like but by default they go on the desktop. 

Hi Max,

Adding a shortcut to a non-Steam game

Launch Steam.
    Click the Games menu, choose Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.
    Browse for games on your computer or put a check next to the game you wish to add to the Library.
    Click Add Selected Programs

Run the game as any other steam game, press F12 for a screenshot. Close the game and follow the screenshot wizard, you can upload the images to your online steam account.

Jeff

Sorry for the probably not very precise comment: I read the other day in another thread, that you can take screen shots and videos directly from Win 10. I did not care much at that time, because I am using FRAPS.

On 14. Juli 2016 at 2:42 PM, MaxWunsche said:

How can a sim this nice have no built in screen shot feature is beyond me  :rolleyes:

Ah, and: Because the game is pretty much a "hard core" simulation. Everything else is secondary.

Wait until you start to argue about mm of armor thickness and will agree full heartedly. ?

Read this link to learn more about the Win10 built in screen grab feature: http://www.howtogeek.com/219947/how-to-record-pc-gameplay-with-windows-10’s-game-dvr-and-game-bar/

Note however that the game bar they talk about does not show up in the game but the short cut for screen still capture does work - I have not tested the video capture.