Your one golden Tactical Rule

3 hours ago, TheForwardObserver said:

i like to assault the enemy front on foot with a solid core of elite/fanatic manpads platoons while my veteran/fanatic supply platoons maneuver against the flanks

Just like an Englishman.

Using manpads platoons where he should be using mortar crews.

@Jammersix This is American ingenuity.  The secret weapon here is that the merciless, ceaseless waves of manpads platoons and flankery from the supply sections-- alone enough to break even the most seasoned of opponents--  are just a diversion from the main event.  Lurking in the shadows just short of the front line patiently sits my columns of 1152 humvees ready to exploit a moment of chaos and swarm my opponent delivering that final knockout blow.

No attack without reconnaissance. Doing so is to effectively turn your attack into the enemy's ambush; Unless you have a very much larger force that you're willing to cripple, you'll lose.

Oh, and never expect un-guided handheld AT weapons to hit. They never do, at least not when it counts. Unless of course, when they're being employed against you.

Edited by Anthony P.

I prefer to use battalion commanders as scouts and broken tank crews as my base of fire. using l33t HATO sucks tactics taught to me by some of the forums biggest trolls I learned that an unsupported fast move by 10 or 12 abrams along the map edge till a corner and then a right turn to use the map end is an entirely reasonable and realistic use of armor - especially to settle a debate about how nerfed the Russians are. We all know the thunder run on Baghdad made EXTENSIVE use of map edges

2 hours ago, Sublime said:

I prefer to use battalion commanders as scouts and broken tank crews as my base of fire. using l33t HATO sucks tactics taught to me by some of the forums biggest trolls I learned that an unsupported fast move by 10 or 12 abrams along the map edge till a corner and then a right turn to use the map end is an entirely reasonable and realistic use of armor - especially to settle a debate about how nerfed the Russians are. We all know the thunder run on Baghdad made EXTENSIVE ucse of map edges

Cmon man, no griping. Unless you've got a siimple tactical rule you regularly use in-game,  it isn't relevant.

Even that wall-eyed shrubbery botherer @TheForwardObserver  gave a tactic, one I sincerely hope he uses....

My one great universal and both BLUFOR & OPFOR viable tactic? Never keep rear echelon reserve units in the open fields, on the roads and near buildings. The combat might be happening far away, but you never know where the first mortar fires and/or gunship strafing is going to hit first. Especially if playing in a night battle scenario.

When assaulting a town area, always suppress high buildings or any structures that have window. Making heavy use of fires from the IFV/AFVs and never rush any infantry subunit to place that offers no cover. When unsure if a building is occupied or not by enemy forces, always suppress it before storming it.  Don't believe in opportunistic storming of the closest building to your units. Be wary of snipers/designated marksman on the streets, for they are potential more deadly then tanks on the streets.  

When playing as RUS, I also tend to not depend much upon any IFV that is not of the BMP-3 series type. But the lower headcount of a infantry squad is actually a blessing in the urban combat, the troops don't need to lag behind in large columns on cramped Ukrainian streets. Said from actual experience from many urban area combat matches. :) 

5 minutes ago, Rebby said:

My one great universal and both BLUFOR & OPFOR viable tactic? Never keep rear echelon reserve units in the open fields, on the roads and near buildings. The combat might be happening far away, but you never know where the first mortar fires and/or gunship strafing is going to hit first. Especially if playing in a night battle scenario.

When assaulting a town area, always suppress high buildings or any structures that have window. Making heavy use of fires from the IFV/AFVs and never rush any infantry subunit to place that offers no cover. When unsure if a building is occupied or not by enemy forces, always suppress it before storming it.  Don't believe in opportunistic storming of the closest building to your units. Be wary of snipers/designated marksman on the streets, for they are potential more deadly then tanks on the streets.  

When playing as RUS, I also tend to not depend much upon any IFV that is not of the BMP-3 series type. But the lower headcount of a infantry squad is actually a blessing in the urban combat, the troops don't need to lag behind in large columns on cramped Ukrainian streets. Said from actual experience from many urban area combat matches. :) 

And your ONE golden rule is? ☺

Dig a hole. Get in. Have your buddies cover you with dirt. Wait until an enemy tank runs directly over you. Break cover, stick your mine to the tank's belly as it drives over you. Repeat. Oh, wait, there is no repeat...

(One of the best urban legends from World War II.)

I always position arty fire in set-up phase as it can be placed anywhere - but with a delay.  My plan is to get scouts to the target area b4 delay runs out.  If there are no enemy, you can cancel or adjust the fire (need to get one or more FO's up front as well).  Of course if there is enemy, you have accurate barrage ready to go.