H2H Battle between my sons

• 3 weeks later...

Bloody Bill,

You did just fine and neatly depicted the confusion of a meeting engagement. Thanks much for doing this. Half the time I couldn't figure out who was doing what, where or why!  Looked to me as though the Germans ran a terrible exchange ratio vs the Russians, who seemed to have loads of tanks. How old are your sons, and was it the older who beat the younger, or was there an upset crushing victory? What were the force buys and soft factors? Finally, I now have a major case of tank envy. Those IS-2s look mean. Are there any mods to the tanks?

Regards,

John Kettler

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:46 AM, John Kettler said:

Bloody Bill,

You did just fine and neatly depicted the confusion of a meeting engagement. Thanks much for doing this. Half the time I couldn't figure out who was doing what, where or why!  Looked to me as though the Germans ran a terrible exchange ratio vs the Russians, who seemed to have loads of tanks. How old are your sons, and was it the older who beat the younger, or was there an upset crushing victory? What were the force buys and soft factors? Finally, I now have a major case of tank envy. Those IS-2s look mean. Are there any mods to the tanks?

Regards,

John Kettler

Hey John.  My boys are 16(Russian player) and 13(German player).  They have played a few CM games against each other and absolutely love the game.  We normally don't play meeting engagements.  We decide attacker/defender by a die roll and we ended up picking this scenario.  They both got confused during the battle as they both wanted to attack and defend at the same time so neither one truly committed to an attack.  They seemed to of traded losses until the IS-2s made a presence than the Germans were done.  The younger brother has sworn vengeance and we are currently getting another battle ready.  I don't remember the exact scenario they played but it was all armor with some supporting tank riders for both sides.

Glad you enjoyed the battle.  I think I am going to pick up the Italy bundle as they watched a video that PanzerPajamas put up and are reading all the Italy information they can find.